Packing now!

hlsess

looking chilly next week! Guess we don't need shorts??

LOL !! I wish I had known that wayyyyyyyyyy back in June 15, 2010:p I didn't even know THIS site even existed and I had booked us in Nov 2009 on an Alaskan balcony cruise (Inside passage on the Carnival Spirit w/stops in Juneau,Skagway,Ketickan out of Seattle). So, my wife didn't have a CLUE how or WHAT to pack.. It was 97 w/humidity, a warm 103 ! :eek: So, we didn't even pack a long sleeve shirt ! Just shorts and tees. Boy!! Were we ever surprised when we sailing along Tracey's Arm passage and the temp was a chilly 40 degrees at a brisk twenty one knot wind. Immediately headed down to the ship's store for two hoodies ! You are about too take a WONDERFUL trip and see some of the most breathtaking scenery imaginable. So, be sure to take a camera and have a FANTASTIC cruise !

Mac

I would still be bringing all layer options with the cities I looked up today- but also recognize that I will be in short in the 60's and my mom would be chilly- so we all have our personal clothing desires.

the cities I looked up ranged 50-70's-- also 7-10 day forecasts are tough to judge off of for Alaska

We're leaving on 1 July out of Vancouver, were it will be warm. As we get further north it'll get cooler. I have pants with zip off legs. Also when you do excursions into the bush off the beaten track the mosquitos & bugs will be bad. Layers, sweaters, wind proof shell. Looking forward to our next adventure.

Allan

I always take at least one pair of shorts, just in case, as well as a bathing suit. Neither takes up much space, and I'd rather be prepared.

On the other end of the scale, I also always bring hat and gloves, which also don't take up much space. Better to be prepared for anything!

We didn't take shorts on our last Alaskan cruise in 2013. We regretted that choice on more than one occasion. We will NOT make that mistake when we sail in 40 days! Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I leave for 4 days in Seattle on June 28th before boarding the Carnival Legend. I'm going to get my suitcase out next week so I can start putting a few things in it. I'm taking shorts, sweatpants, jeans, long and short sleeve shirts, a hoodie and rain gear. I'm an overpacker.

We just got back from our Alaska cruise. People were in shorts, capris, jeans. I wore capris/skorts with sleeveless tops on the ship. Had a light sweater sometimes. Off the ship wore jeans and layers--tshirt, light sweater most of time and light windbreaker one day. Last day was warm, so only tshirt.

It is plenty warm inside the ship. You control your room temperature.