shipboard credit

cbb

OLife offers shipboard credit of $X amount. I've forgotten....can one carry it to another cruise? I seem to remember the answer is "no."

You can carry it to another cruise but only if it is a second cruise of a B2B cruise (or a third of a B2B2B, etc).

Edited by Paulchili

we get OBC from O and are taking practically all private or diy tours so can't spend much on shorex, internet is included, don't drink enough for the package, and don't need to buy that many watches and earrings.....so was hoping we could roll it over to the next cruise 3 months later; I was pretty confident that we would NOT be able to do that but figured I'd ask!

thanks all y'all! (plural y'all !)

we get OBC from O and are taking practically all private or diy tours so can't spend much on shorex, internet is included, don't drink enough for the package, and don't need to buy that many watches and earrings.....so was hoping we could roll it over to the next cruise 3 months later; I was pretty confident that we would NOT be able to do that but figured I'd ask!

thanks all y'all! (plural y'all !)

Cynthia get a nice foot massage after a long day of touring

Some nice face creams etc..

The OBC will go fast :D

Can you use your OBC to tip the staff?

Do you mean the daily gratuity or extra $ ?

yes for daily gratuity

no to extra unless it is a refundable OBC

at least that is how it used to be

• 6 months later...
You can carry it to another cruise but only if it is a second cruise of a B2B cruise (or a third of a B2B2B, etc).

We are soon to take our first Oceania Cruise. It is a B2B.

On the first we are taking the O Life excursion option, on the second the OBC option.

Will our onboard account at the end of the first cruise rollover to the second, or will we have to settle the first one ?

We do have a cabin change.

We are soon to take our first Oceania Cruise. It is a B2B.

On the first we are taking the O Life excursion option, on the second the OBC option.

Will our onboard account at the end of the first cruise rollover to the second, or will we have to settle the first one ?

We do have a cabin change.

Your account rolls over to the next segment - i.e. if you owe money at the end of the first segment, you can use the OBC from the second segment to cover that (all or portion of it - depends on how much you owe and how much OBC you have).

That's great.

We will have 3 visas each to pay for onboard over the 2 cruises plus drinks.

Those will be our main costs as gratuities and internet are already included.

So the $800 OBC on the second cruise should almost cover both cruises nicely.

Thanks

You are welcome - enjoy.

Do you mean the daily gratuity or extra $ ?

yes for daily gratuity

no to extra unless it is a refundable OBC

at least that is how it used to be

A while ago someone suggested buying the giant Toblerone bars in the gift shop (with non-refundable OBC) and giving those as parting gifts to favorite staff.

If you enjoy wine (even if you don't drink much) you could always order a "special" bottle off of the wine list.

Thanks CBB for posting & Dr. Dave for the blog - it is fun to cruise vicariously through you and your insights!

No, because they are not purchased through ones Onboard Account.

A Credit Card is used to secure those future bookings.

OK, thank you for the info. We'll just have to have a lot of spa days :D

Were booked on a ‘Grand Voyage’ in Oct/Nov, from Venice to Rome/Rome to Monte Carlo — it is also being sold as two separate cruises. My question is this: on the second leg (Rome to Monte Carlo) we will become Silver Level Club Members, which will generate more OBC as well as including gratuities. But, since these two legs are also a Grand Voyage, will we receive the Silver Level benefits? If Oceania treats this as one Grand Voyage Cruise, it would technically be #9 9 for us. But if they look at it as two legs, we hit #10 on the second. Anyone have experience with this?

Were booked on a ‘Grand Voyage’ in Oct/Nov, from Venice to Rome/Rome to Monte Carlo — it is also being sold as two separate cruises. My question is this: on the second leg (Rome to Monte Carlo) we will become Silver Level Club Members, which will generate more OBC as well as including gratuities. But, since these two legs are also a Grand Voyage, will we receive the Silver Level benefits? If Oceania treats this as one Grand Voyage Cruise, it would technically be #9 9 for us. But if they look at it as two legs, we hit #10 on the second. Anyone have experience with this?

We have a similar situation next November, we will hit 9 and 10 on a grand voyage.

As we have booked it as one cruise we will get the enhanced OBC and we will get gratuities paid for entire cruise.