Sharing internet and a few other questions.....

We have 3 cabins on Adventure of the Seas next month. On our last RC cruise we were able to purchase a small internet package, and since all I need to do is check email twice a day, it sufficed. I see now that a daily package is the only option. My son plans to purchase a 1 or 2 device package for each day. Can I add my device and make it an additional device expenditure despite the fact we are in different cabins? (The price per device drops as you add more units.) Also, is it cheaper to purchase before boarding? And lastly, I promise, I know as platinum I am entitled to a 15% discount. Must I be onboard to get the discount?

My son plans to purchase a 1 or 2 device package for each day. Can I add my device and make it an additional device expenditure despite the fact we are in different cabins? (The price per device drops as you add more units.)

Yes you can and he should be happy to pay for your device as any good son would. ;):D

The OP doesn't need to. They can simply use the the son's login and password to use the little internet that they need to

At the risk of sounding snarky, that wasn't the question I was answering. She can certainly use her sons login as long as he's not using it.

I wonder how many more 2,3...device packages Royal sell to people not realizing you can use multiple devices on the one device package.

I guess people buy multiple device packages so two people can be on at the same time. (Such as with teens who would rather share anything but internet access!). On Princess where platinum get hundreds of free internet minutes, we used to give our friends one of our login info because we didn't need so many minutes. Royal is still making a huge profit on a basically low cost to them utility.

We had the one device package between my wife and I on our last cruise and it worked fine. We both had the log-in info, just obviously couldn't both be on there which wasn't a big deal. If you purchase the two device package, similar construct just no more than two connected at a time. If you only need it minimally for yourself, I'd just have him share the log-in and you can check email when needed.

I used the one device package on my laptop and cell phone. Just not at the same time. If you only need to use it twice a day, just have him disconnect for a few minutes and then connect using his. It wouldn't seem worth it to pay the per day price if you only need to use it 1-2 minutes a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no multiple device one day package, is there? If you buy a one day package, it's a flat $20 for a single 24 hour period. If you need it for 2 devices simultaneously, that would be 2 24 hour $20 purchases.

There is no multiple device one day package, is there? If you buy a one day package, it's a flat $20 for a single 24 hour period. If you need it for 2 devices simultaneously, that would be 2 24 hour $20 purchases.

Correct, no multi-device one-day package.

We have 3 cabins on Adventure of the Seas next month. On our last RC cruise we were able to purchase a small internet package, and since all I need to do is check email twice a day, it sufficed. I see now that a daily package is the only option. My son plans to purchase a 1 or 2 device package for each day. Can I add my device and make it an additional device expenditure despite the fact we are in different cabins? (The price per device drops as you add more units.) Also, is it cheaper to purchase before boarding? And lastly, I promise, I know as platinum I am entitled to a 15% discount. Must I be onboard to get the discount?

If all you're doing is checking email twice daily, you should have to pay for the additional device. The package allows for 1 (or 2 or 3 depending on the package) to be connected AT A TIME. You can bring 100 devices with you but you can only connect the allotted amount AT A TIME. Ask your son for a period of time when he won't need to be connected and the you can connect with your device. It's not cheating the system, it's using the system the way it was designed.