Do I buy a soda package

We go next month 2 adults have ultimate drinks package not sure weather to get our teen the soda package he is a water drinking mostly but may have 1/2 cokes a day. Would u say it's worth it. Would we be able to get 1 for him but he could not be with us either. Would he get away with it or isn't it worth the risk so undecided what to do?

The prices are set assuming some degree of cheating. We've bought packages before for convenience where even with a degree of cheating it didn't financially make sense. Whether it makes sense in other ways depends on how you view the cost.

As an example, my wife has had the refreshment package and averaged four drinks a day including cheating. One of my kids has had a soda package and averaged less than one drink a day.

Had we been caught cheating and forced to pay by the drink then RCL would have owed us a refund...

We go next month 2 adults have ultimate drinks package not sure weather to get our teen the soda package he is a water drinking mostly but may have 1/2 cokes a day. Would u say it's worth it. Would we be able to get 1 for him but he could not be with us either. Would he get away with it or isn't it worth the risk so undecided what to do?

This subject was just beat to death a few days ago:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2513119

Not worth the risk to be embarassed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

The prices are set assuming some degree of cheating.

Had we been caught cheating and forced to pay by the drink then RCL would have owed us a refund...

While this may be your rationalization, I don't think RCL would see it that way. And no, if caught cheating they wouldn't owe you a refund. And I have a hard time believing you would convince anyone with the power to force their hand (charge back on credit card, lawsuit in court) that they should. Don't purchase a beverage plan if you don't like their rules.

When you go to any store their prices account for them to have some 'loss', aka shoplifting. Most people don't use that rational to think that it's ok to slip an item into your bag without paying for it since the prices are set to assume some degree of theft.

With your scenario it sounds like everyone would be better off just paying as they go.

To the OP, as people have said on your other threads; royal has their own board. This board is good for general cruising questions like 'which cruise line should I pick' or 'should I cruise the Caribbean or med'. Any cruise line specific questions are best posted on that cruise lines board. I've never cruised a line with freestyle machines (which is what I assume you are referring to by whether or not he can have your cup) so can't answer whether or not that will work. Many cruise lines with beverage packages require you to present your seapass card when you get a drink so, no, the child can't get a drink off the parents card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sanger727

Just curious, you can afford two ultimate drink packages, but can't afford some soda for you kid? You are asking people on these boards to justify if you want to teach your "teenage" kid that it's ok to steal? Buy him the soda package, and let him enjoy the cruise w/o feeling guilty of theft.

I will never understand why someone would want to ruin their vacation by constantly looking over their shoulder making sure they don't get caught cheating the system.

When we pick a cruise we add in all the extras (tips, drinks, excursions etc.) and then decide if we still think it's a good value. If we don't think we want to spend that much money we don't book it! I would never consider looking for ways to rip off the cruise line just to save a few bucks. Not worth the stress!

Come on... have some compassion for why some try to cheat on the soda package. They just spent $50 to have their dog certified as a support animal so they don't have to kennel it back home. And they spent $$ on extra flip flops to put on chairs every morning at 6am to save them.

"Hello. I would like to demonstrate how badass I am by stealing a couple of sodas from the cruiseline. Can someone, anyone, tell me that they are similarly badass, so that I can rationalize my actions? Thanks in advance."

Edited by Cauzneffct

Would he get away with using our cup?

Maybe - and maybe he can get away with going into the gift shop and slipping a few small items into his pocket. Teach your child whatever you are comfortable with, but it's theft nonetheless.