RCCL will not refund lower price changes

bigfunjohn

Unfortunately, that's been my experience (our category not dropping) for almost all our recent cruises.

I booked airfare for a cruise I knew would drop in price after final payment in 2015...

...spent an entire week in Fort Lauderdale because the price went up quite significantly right after final payment.

So far, I have "lost" around $500 overall on prices that dropped after final payment, but I have also "saved" probably $3000 in prices that went up after final payment. I bet that $3000 figure is actually low, but I definitely save more than I lose by booking early.

I booked airfare for a cruise I knew would drop in price after final payment in 2015...

...spent an entire week in Fort Lauderdale because the price went up quite significantly right after final payment.

So far, I have "lost" around $500 overall on prices that dropped after final payment, but I have also "saved" probably $3000 in prices that went up after final payment. I bet that $3000 figure is actually low, but I definitely save more than I lose by booking early.

And the OP lives about an hour from Port Everglades and about two hours from Port Canaveral.

Weep not for the poor OP.

;)

And the OP lives about an hour from Port Everglades and about two hours from Port Canaveral.

Weep not for the poor OP.

;)

We just put in our 60 day notice with our landlord and are moving to Stuart in January! Can't wait to have the ability to snap up last minute deals.

What if it's one that doesn't drop? I tried your idea once and ended up paying more than I would have if I booked early

Plus you're stuck with limited choices of cabin inventory! Like you, I'd rather book early.

Quite unusual that someone is D+ but made only one post here and are not aware that RCCL doesn't refund price drops after final payment.

I also concur that prices now rarely drops after final payment.. all my 5 cruises with RCCL this year, along with my upcoming cruise next year that is final payment today.. didn't drop... the last time I experienced a steep price drop after final payment with RCCL was Nov, 2013 with AOS.....where they upgraded me from Smaller Interior Stateroom to Interior Stateroom then finally Central Park Balcony everytime after I called.

So I book RCCL cruises early now.. they are not like NCL where in you can expect a steep price drop 55 days before sailing on less popular IT or sailing dates due to having 50% penalty prevents those currently booked from cancelling then rebooking their cruse.

Edited by roquejo

We have lots of experience cruising and this is how we do it. I book what I am comfortable paying. This is usually a balcony, but for example our Europe cruise this past summer, I booked an inside because of the expensive flights (to keep with our total budget). I am a nurse and my husband is a blue collar worker. We would rather cruise more that blow all of our vacation money on a suite (to each their own). :)

At that point, I check frequently for price drops and better deals along the way. 2 years ago on the Adventure, I was able to snag a junior suite from a balcony for $30 each. Last year on the Vision, I was able to snag a junior suite from an inside for $35 each. I am never disappointed if I can't upgrade, but am thrilled when I do. Unfortunately, could never upgrade on our Europe trip because it just went up and up for every class. But let's be real, we were only there to sleep and my husband and I were still very happy with our inside room.