Radiance JS 1042

This will be our first cruise with RCI and I'm trying to gather as much info as I can about our cabin and the ship.

I have booked JS 1042 and wondered if anyone can comment on this specific cabin.

I've managed to find pics of similar cabins on the Radiance although I can't find a shot of the bathroom anywhere. If anyone has one I'd be grateful.

The reason being that I'm trying to convince my partner that it is worth spending the extra money so any ammunition will be useful.

cheers

Stu

Its a wonderful location !.. I have stayed in 1042 and 1044 many times- my favorite two js' locations. Its a great central location to everything - with the elevators just a few steps away. The bathroom is right as you walk in, on the left- with the giant walk in closet on the right- The bed is on the left- then the couch, and sliders to balcony.

Hope that helps. Enjoy !

Sandy

Edited by SANDY823

I 2nd that. We stayed in 1042 on the Jewel (sister ship) and it was fantastic. It was center located, close to elevators and it was so BIG. The bathroom was great. You and your partner will love it. That was the 1st time we had a mini suite and I haven't looked back.

The bathroom in a JS isn't huge...but it IS larger because of the tub!

Correct. After viewing my photos the bathroom is small and the tub IS LARGER. Of course I don't remember seeing any large bathroom on any cruiseline. What's special with this JS is that the room itself is LARGE and you have a walk in closet. Enjoy!!

Cindy

• 4 years later...

Hi Cindy,

I know this post is a few years old, but my husband and I are planning to book JS 1042 on Radiance for Alaska this summer. Any chance you could share those pictures with me if you still have them? If so, my email is meganwarzecha@gmail.com. Also, do you remember if you were happy with being on the port side of the ship when it comes to viewing the Hubbard glacier and other things? Thank you so much!

Warmly,

Megan

Stu

I looked in my shutterfly album online and I have found photos of 1042 JS. I don't know how to post the photos here but I can have shutterfly email them to you. My email address is carhodes01@msn.com. I have photos of the room and 2 photos of the bathroom for you to view.

Cindy

Hi Megan

WOW a blast from the past. I haven't posted here for years!!

We were on the Jewel of the Seas 2006 N/E Canada. I will try tomorrow to email you the pictures to your email address but the room could possibly change since then.

We have done 2 Alaska cruises and it's best to be on land side of the ship. I loved waking up at that time and seeing ice bergs go by our room.

Enjoy Alaska.

Cindy

We have stayed in 1044 & 1040 and love this location and cabin, we did find however should you have a 3rd person using the hide a bed, we needed to ask for an extra mattress because the bed actually sloped downward and was not like a regular hide a bed which sits high off the floor. The daughter was unable to really sleep the first evening due to the beds sloping.