Key West

bullsh

When docking at the Navy yard is there a free shuttle to take you to town or do you have to take a taxi.

Thanks in advance

My understanding is that we will have a free shuttle that takes us to the center of town (and presumably back to the pier). See you on board!

Is there a way to find which pier you're docking at? We stop there next month on Brilliance with a Disney ship. I'm hoping we have the Westin Pier (B) and not the Navy Pier. Although from everything I've read, there is plenty of free transportation from/to the Navy Yard Pier. But i'd rather walk from the Westin.

Is there a way to find which pier you're docking at? We stop there next month on Brilliance with a Disney ship. I'm hoping we have the Westin Pier (B) and not the Navy Pier. Although from everything I've read, there is plenty of free transportation from/to the Navy Yard Pier. But i'd rather walk from the Westin.

There is at least one port of Key West website that provides docking information, such as http://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/department/calendar.php

It's a calendar with abbreviations for the piers.

If you dock in the Navy yard there will be a free shuttle to take you from the pier to Mallory Square...and then back to the ship...it is the only way to & from the ship to town...taxi's are not allowed on base, nor are you allowed to "walk" off the base into town...

When we docked there with Grandeur, there were multiple trolleys (I believe from Oldtown Trolleys) that took us to there location near Duval/Mallory Square area. Return trolleys left from there. The driver narrated the few "sights" we passed on the short trip. Not quite as convenient as docking at Mallory Square, but it was easy.

I do not like docking at the naval yard!

The time spent in Key West is already brief enough, but the time spent waiting in a long line to board the trolleys to go into town and then the time spent standing in a long line to get back on the return trolley really made the port time even shorter.