Can water bottles (with built-in filter) be brought onboard?

astera

Just curious whether it's ok to bring one onboard or whether I'll be picking it up at the end of my trip.

I know they don't like people pouring water into their own containers, so thought I'd ask before popping over to the store to get one.

Of course you can...don't need a filter, either!

The ship's water is fine..your food, ice and beverages are made with the same water than comes from your sink!

It won't "run cold"...so bring something you can put ice into. Or, stick your filled bottle into your fridge.

If you want to fill your bottle from the dispenser, use a glass to pour the water in...

Many thanks, I thought it had this slight taste to it (as if it had been treated), though as you mentioned it is perfectly fine to drink and is the same water served at the restaurants or used for ice.

I just need the water bottle to fill it up in the evening in case I wake up slightly dehydrated. ;)

Many thanks, I thought it had this slight taste to it (as if it had been treated), though as you mentioned it is perfectly fine to drink and is the same water served at the restaurants or used for ice.

I just need the water bottle to fill it up in the evening in case I wake up slightly dehydrated. ;)

It's no problem at all. You are correct that they don't want you sticking your personal bottle up to the water dispenser, so you just fill a glass with water, and then pour that into your bottle.

:)

I brought them on my last cruise. I know everyone says the water if fine but I personally don't care for the taste.

Water bottles are fine onboard. While water taste is an extremely subjective topic, what most object to is the taste of the mandatory residual chlorine used to sanitize the water. Water from the dining venues, drink dispensers, and ice machines have charcoal filters (like your water bottle) to remove the chlorine, though for maintenance reasons, not taste improvement. So your filtered water bottle will have more effect on the water from your sink tap than from a dispenser, but again, water taste is pretty personal.

As a PP has noted, USPH sanitation requires that a clean glass only, be used at water dispensers, so you need to take a glass, fill it, pour it into your bottle, and repeat. Try not to touch the glass to the water bottle. For this reason, bottles with wide caps are preferred, as it can get messy otherwise.

Edited by chengkp75

The water on the ship is simply sea water that is treated. It is actually treated better and a higher quality than many bottled water manufacturers IMHO. I detest the ship's Evian bottled water, and like the taste of the water from the tap better.

Your idea to bring on a filtered water bottle is an excellent choice. As mentioned, simply fill from a glass of water, or fill from your cabin bathroom tap.

I always request my ice bucket be kept full, and will use glasses provided filled with ice and my bottled water poured over that at night, which I use several times. Works for me. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, the water bottle worked like a treat and there were no issues whatsoever with bringing it onboard.

As for ice/cold water, I for one prefer my water to be as if it came straight off the shelf. So I like my coffee hot, my beer cold, but my water at room temp. And the latter of the three is definitely the biggest challenge! :)

At breakfast I would literally take a glass of ice water, take a few sips, and then top it up using hot water to bring the temp up. ;)

Edited by astera

Thanks everyone, the water bottle worked like a treat and there were no issues whatsoever with bringing it onboard.

As for ice/cold water, I for one prefer my water to be as if it came straight off the shelf. So I like my coffee hot, my beer cold, but my water at room temp. And the latter of the three is definitely the biggest challenge! :)

At breakfast I would literally take a glass of ice water, take a few sips, and then top it up using hot water to bring the temp up. ;)

Glad it worked out for you! :)