Easter Mass

bewitched5

Don't know on which ship you will be cruising but on ALL cruises that I have taken, mass was celebrated on Sunday (not just Easter). This included the following cruise lines: NCL, RCCL, Celebrity, Oceania & Princess. Don't know if this is still the case on all of these lines but Sunday mass was celebrated on all of our cruises. I can't imagine that mass would not be celebrated (onboard) on a med cruise that is docking in Italy on Easter Sunday but, to get more up to date, accurate info, you could check on the boards for your particular cruise line.

Also, you can attend mass at a local church if you are in port. We have attended mass in several Italian cities - it was a wonderful experience. We especially enjoyed the sung mass at St. Mark's in Venice.

I suspect that the OP thought they were posting on their roll call as that's the only other post they've made on Cruise Critic. They are sailing on the Koningsdam April 15th Treasures of the Adriatic.

Mass at the Cathedral of St. Francis of Assisi in Civitavecchia is at 9:30, 10:30, and 12 noon. Calendar here: http://cattedralecivitavecchia.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/CALENDARIO-APRILE-2017.pdf

The cathedral is located at Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, which is two-tenths of a mile from the southern (fort) exit of the port, or a half mile from the Largo della Pace exit (where the free port shuttle bus drops off).

Edited by euro cruiser

• 3 months later...

The OP's cruise is long past, but for future info: Holland America always has a Catholic priest, who celebrates Mass daily. My understanding is that most other cruise lines will have a priest for major holidays, but not routinely.