Car Rental Drop off Near Port of Miami

cruisegal#116

My husband are flying into Ft. Lauderale on 2/24 for the 2/25 departure of the Regatta from the port of Miami We are staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay in Miami. We want to rent a car at the Ft. Lauderdale airport on 2/24 and drop it off at a location near the pier in Miami on 2/25. Does anyone know which car rental companies have such a drop off location close to the pier and include a shuttle to the Miami pier.

Avis, Hertz and Enterprise have downtown Miami locations near POM. If they will not shuttle you to POM a cab should be under $10. That's a nice hotel, but look out for the parking charges - every downtown Miami hotel I've been to charges $20-30/day for parking.:mad:

Have a good cruise.:)

Dollar Rental Car has a drop off about a block away from the port. In addition, they don't charge the huge fees for dropping off at a different location. I found a mid size car that I am renting at Miami International and returning the following day at the port of Fort Lauderdale, and they are only charging $51.79 (total of $68.42 for all the taxes and fees that the state gets).;)

Dollar Rental Car has a drop off about a block away from the port. In addition, they don't charge the huge fees for dropping off at a different location. I found a mid size car that I am renting at Miami International and returning the following day at the port of Fort Lauderdale, and they are only charging $51.79 (total of $68.42 for all the taxes and fees that the state gets).;)

At which port is the Dollar location? Fort Lauderdale or Miami? I am looking for a rental car location near the port of Miami. If it's near Miami, could you please provide the address? Thanks.

According to the Dollar web site they do not have a downtown Miami location - they are in Miami Beach (a different city) and mear the Miami airport; they may offer shuttle service from POM to MIA. The local office # is 866-434-2226. Good luck!:)

Just booked a rental car with Alamo.

Recieved email from Miami Office that they DO have a shuttle from the airport to the terminal, so we'll be using that!

Also...they happen to have a special on their site right now giving a FREE weekend day with your rental, which saved us another $35! For anyone interested, it is good for rentals through May, I believe.

Archived