How safe is Matzatlan?

puggleperson

We were there last February. We took a taxi at the entrance to the shipyard to the Gold Zone. There is shopping, restaurants (great place for shrimp dinners of all kinds and if you want to try some Aguachile, this is where it was started). The Gold Zone is along the beach so you can also enjoy some beach time. THERE are lots of beach vends everywhere though.

We felt safe but that was then, I don't know if things have changed.

I think your mom will be plenty safe if she goes on a Princess sponsored excursion. There's safety in numbers.

I hope she has a great cruise!

Mom, Sis and I (sometimes just Sis and I) haven't had any issues in Mazatlan or any of the other cruise ports.

In Mazatlan we'll take a taxi to pulmonia to the Mercado area. Then walk the (faded) Blue Line back to the ship.

Mom, Sis and I (sometimes just Sis and I) haven't had any issues in Mazatlan or any of the other cruise ports.

In Mazatlan we'll take a taxi to pulmonia to the Mercado area. Then walk the (faded) Blue Line back to the ship.

Should say

In Mazatlan we'll take a taxi or pulmonia to the Mercado area. Then walk the (faded) Blue Line back to the ship

The city is safe, but the terminal is busy and the time share salespeople in there will lie and are very rude. Once outside the terminal look for the blue line painted on the road. you can walk to the Historic center and Plaza Machado in about 20-25 minutes or get a pulmonia or taxi outside the gate. Always verify the price before you get in. It is negociable. There are many pulmonia drivers that speak perfect English and will give you a better tour of the city than any ship tour. Price for about an hour tour is $30-35 for up to for people total cost.

There are many of us from the USA and Canada who live here and find it very safe to walk in.