Puerto Vallarta Day use hotels...?

Qcruise

We were in PV a couple of weeks ago on the Grand Princess. We went to the Casa Magna Marriot in the Marina. It was wonderful. 900 pesos for two with a 799 peso credit for food and drink. They took our credit card. No problems. A beautiful, large clean pool, very good food, cold beer and libations with exceptional service.

We were told it was a 15 minute walk. It wasn't. Took us about an hour and we walk fast. It's about a $5 cab ride.

We were in PV a couple of weeks ago on the Grand Princess. We went to the Casa Magna Marriot in the Marina. It was wonderful. 900 pesos for two with a 799 peso credit for food and drink. They took our credit card. No problems. A beautiful, large clean pool, very good food, cold beer and libations with exceptional service.

We were told it was a 15 minute walk. It wasn't. Took us about an hour and we walk fast. It's about a $5 cab ride.

How did you go about doing this? Did you email/call the hotel ahead of time or just show up?

Thank you

We just showed up. We went to the front desk to confirm the info we were given and pay the 900 pesos.

A beautiful resort. We had a wonderful day.

I see that I hit the wrong key on my original post. The cost was 900 pesos. We were given a 700 peso credit. So roughly $45 paid with $38 credit for both of us - not each. We had a great, dedicated server who spoke very good English and put up with my gringo Spanish. He brought us towels, food and drinks. We over tipped as we were leaving

Edited by Bemidji Ty
Spelling

We just showed up. We went to the front desk to confirm the info we were given and pay the 900 pesos.

A beautiful resort. We had a wonderful day.

I see that I hit the wrong key on my original post. The cost was 900 pesos. We were given a 700 peso credit. So roughly $45 paid with $38 credit for both of us - not each. We had a great, dedicated server who spoke very good English and put up with my gringo Spanish. He brought us towels, food and drinks. We over tipped as we were leaving

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Thank you! I have been looking into this hotel for day use. Did they have beach chairs for your use also? Or just by the pool? Also, when you say a $5 taxi ride, is that per person? I ask because there are 5 of us. And was it the white taxis or yellow? Wondering if the white taxis can take you there and back? Thank you!

We just hung out, ate, drank and relaxed at the pool. We walked around the grounds a bit. They are beautiful There were plenty of loungers by the pool. I seem to remember some chairs on the beach. If you do go on the beach, be sure to use insect repellant. We bought some on the ship.

We walked there and cabbed back. I don't remember how much but it was reasonable. We got the cab at the resort and asked, "how much to the ship?" before entering the cab.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
What hotels within walking from ship might let cruise ship passengers use their pools for the day...?? Crowne Paradise, Hilton, Krystal....?? Is there a day use fee....? Thanks.....

Just returned...we walked to Krystal by the beach way and got massages at diamond touch spa...90 dollars for 2...full hour...well trained...they have website to arrange massage...xochitl runs the place...it is pronounced Sochi...Aztec origin...then you can go back to beach tent palapas and drink or goto palapas bar at nearby Vallarta Torre resort...good fun😀😊

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app