Resort day pass Mazatlan or Cabo

cvoyles2

I have searched and many of the recent posts are not so recent. Can anyone recommend a nice resort in either Mazatlan or Cabo where we could spend some time in the pool and ocean as well as eat and drink for the day?

Mazatlan- Take a taxi ($10 each way) to El Cid, a giant beach front resort that welcomes cruisers. Pay as you go, no charge to lounge, you will likely see many of your fellow cruisers there

Cabo- Cabo has more giant nice nearby resorts than any cruise port we have been to. If it were us, we would water taxi to medano beach, go to the far end (near tobasco's). Walk up to a giant nice resort pool bar like ya own the place and immediately order a cool drink and tip BIG... you are in (cruise ships port mid week, slow time for resort pool areas).

Mexicans resort workers love to 'wing it' for cash. Mexicans managers do not like to return emails, nor provide affordable orderly day pass reservations

You can book the RIU Palace in Cabo San Lucas with resortforaday dot com All Inclusive pass currently for $94 per person.

Great tip for many cruisers.

The drawback, would seem to be, budget at least an hour from entering the resort, to relaxing poolside enjoyment, Just can't imagine the process going any quicker in Mexico

I know that Carnival employees all head over to La Finesterra in Cabo. Short walk from marina, it's an ocean side resort. I was there 3 years ago and they let us walk right in.

Not anymore. It is now an all inclusive resort. I used to go to the Whale Watchers bar, can't get in now. Not sure if they sell day passes or not.

https://www.expedia.com/Los-Cabos-Hotels-Sandos-Finisterra-Los-Cabos-All-Inclusive-Resort.h534791.Hotel-Information?&regionId=180032&semcid=13172-1&regionId=180032&kword=Los_Cabos_DSA!e.ZzZz.3300001269231.0.77371183141._inurl%3Alos-cabos-hotels.los_cabos_dsa&gclid=CKKo44XUmskCFZSBfgodEkABZA&gclsrc=aw.ds

The RIU is very close to town, but it would definitely require a taxi unless you like a really long walk to the beach.

• 11 months later...

I'd like to know as well. So far I have El Cid at El Morrow in Matzatlan. Are there any other? I think most of the other responses are for cabo but I'd like to know about matzatlan

Also, can anymore tell me if mazanillo is the same as matzatlan?

I went to Torro resorts website but I didn't see a resort in matzatlan but I did see one in mazanillo so now I'm confused :confused: :D thanks!

Edited by puggleperson

This is what I got back from el cid in matzatlan

Hi we have four Resorts in Mazatlán, El Cid Castilla Beach, El Cid Moro Beach, El Cid Marina Beach ( all these three are oceanfront) The day pass fee for cruisers at El Cid Castilla and Moro is 40 USD and includes food and beverages. As for the El Cid Marina Beach, the access to our facilities is limited depending on occupancy. We suggest you to contact reservations by dialing our toll free number 1.844.330.3434 to receive more information. To learn more about our Resorts please visit our site http://www.elcid.com/ . Have a nice evening!

• 3 weeks later...
Which port would be better for staying at a resort all day or seeing the town/shopping? Anyone been to both ports Cabo & Mazatlan and what would you say is better to spend your time doing in each port?

We went to both in August. In Cabo, we went to the Riu. I loved it here! The food was great, and the pools were awesome!

In Mazatlán, we went to Stone Island. We took an open air taxi to the water taxi and then a water taxi to Stone Island! We love Los Vernos (sp?). Estevan is an older gentleman and he is SO accommodating! We only spent about $20 for the day and $10 was tipping! Awesome place, can't say enough good things about it.

We went to both in August. In Cabo, we went to the Riu. I loved it here! The food was great, and the pools were awesome!

In Mazatlán, we went to Stone Island. We took an open air taxi to the water taxi and then a water taxi to Stone Island! We love Los Vernos (sp?). Estevan is an older gentleman and he is SO accommodating! We only spent about $20 for the day and $10 was tipping! Awesome place, can't say enough good things about it.

Thank you!

What was the resort fee per person at Riu? Did you take a taxi from the tender to Riu and how long was that and about how much for the taxi ride? Wondering because we have a short day in Cabo. How long did it take to get to Stone Island in Mazatlan? Thanks in advance!

What was the resort fee per person at Riu? Did you take a taxi from the tender to Riu and how long was that and about how much for the taxi ride? Wondering because we have a short day in Cabo. How long did it take to get to Stone Island in Mazatlan? Thanks in advance!

The resort fee was $24 deposit and $70 at the resort (per person). We took a taxi for $15 (I think...) It is all inclusive and the food was to die for. We played cards in the water at a table, lounged in in the pool on loungers, and just had a blast. I know it is expensive but for us it was really worth it.

It took maybe 5 min. to get to Stone Island. No time at all! My husband and I always joke, "If you ever can't find me, I'll be at Stone Island with Estovan!"