Evenings on the Breakaway

MAHICK

I have not sailed breakaway yet, but pretty much ever other ship I have been on has been cool in the evenings, especially in the theater. I always pack something to wear over my short sleeve/sleeveless dinner clothes that is easy to take off and on as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on last September and sometimes got a bit chilled. From what I can recall, it hasn't been unbearable inside. I'm basically the coldest person on earth, though, so I always have a sweater on me, just in case. Probably the best course of action.

Last time on Breakaway I wore my pashmina scarf as a shawl especially when dining on the Waterfront in the evenings at Cagney's or having drinks at Malting's. Once the sun goes down you will need some kind of shawl or sweater especially while the ship is underway.

I was also chilly in the Manhattan Dining Room for dinner after a day in the sun at the beach. . . and I am never cold!

Have a great cruise!

I just returned from the May 1-8 cruise on the Breakaway. I am usually cold but was surprised that I really never was on this cruise. I did take a sweater and light jacket but the one or two times I wore them I wound up taking them off! I would still advise carrying one, just in case. Have fun!

We were on last week and my wife thought it was cool around the ship at night, and was quite cold on a few occasions. I was a little chilly one night myself wearing short sleeves.

Breakaway has a unique challenge with climate control because it spends the vast majority of the year -- the entire year except for the height of summer really -- bouncing between hot and cold (or cool) weather. They do a great job for the most part, but it's good to anticipate cool temperatures on board.

Just got off BA today, when we left last Sunday was cool out, Monday was so cold on deck - the bar tenders in Uptown had on ear muffs. It was very windy which made it colder. And yes bring a sweater, some areas are cooler than others. I bring some 3/4 sleeve sweaters.

Just got off BA today, when we left last Sunday was cool out, Monday was so cold on deck - the bar tenders in Uptown had on ear muffs. It was very windy which made it colder. And yes bring a sweater, some areas are cooler than others. I bring some 3/4 sleeve sweaters.

There is a reason they stock the gift shops on-board with all those rain jackets and sweatshirts!