Port Time vs Ship Time

leroyf16

First time doing this, have read a lot of post and love all the information I have received on Cruise Critic. My questions is this. I have went to some of the ship port cites and found listings of all the ships in port that day with the times listed for each ship. Are the times listed on the port site island time or ship time? Thanks in advance!!

First time doing this, have read a lot of post and love all the information I have received on Cruise Critic. My questions is this. I have went to some of the ship port cites and found listings of all the ships in port that day with the times listed for each ship. Are the times listed on the port site island time or ship time? Thanks in advance!!

The times listed on the port's list of ships in ports would be the port time. This may or may not be the same as ship's time.

Ordinarily, if the itinerary has several port calls in the same time zone (say the Eastern Caribbean - Atlantic Time) the ship will change to local time from its embarkation port. If there is just one port in a different time zone - say Cozumel after a ship sailed from Tampa, with perhaps a Key West call, the ship is likely to stay on Eastern Standard/Daylight time. In any event, you will be advised of "ship's time" at every port.

The times on the port's web sites are ALWAYS island or port time. Ship time may be the same time, but it all depends on if you switch time zones, or if your ship changes time to match local time. It is different on every line, and sometimes it is different on different ships in the same line.

If it's the Port schedule it will be land time.