Have You Ever Stayed On The Lido Deck? Pros And Cons...

wizard-of-roz

We've chosen a cabin on the Lido Deck, on the Sapphire.

My DH requested that he stay on this deck so he could walk past the pool area; not have to use the elevator or stairs, when going to the Horizon Court or when eating a Pizza or Hamburger for lunch; and, we could just go straight up the forward elevator, to our cabin, after the show, in the evening.

What do you think? Have you ever stayed there? Would the cabins be more noisey? I can't think of any cons.....can you?

We have been on Caribbean Princess twice. Both times were on the Lido. No problems with noise. I did notice a bit of motion, but not too much. We liked being so close to all the action on the Lido deck. We are going to be on the Lido again in April on the Emerald. I think you will be happy with the location of your cabin. Have a great cruise!

Guest arowe6

We had L206 on the CB this past November and it was wonderful. A big con would be that we had rough seas the first few nights which led to us feeling a lot more movement being that high up but it was nothing that some Bonine/Dramamine couldn't fix. However, the pros far outweigh the cons. Being that close to all the action was wonderful and a big time saver.

Enjoy your cruise.

-Andrew:)

We always book a cabin on the same deck as the pool. As previous posters mentioned, it's great being so close to the pool, grill, buffet and MUTS. Especially on sea days, when you're hanging out at the pool and need to go back to your cabin for forgotten items or a bathroom break. And, it's close to the "secret door" leading out to the deck over the bridge. As far as extra motion, I guess we've been lucky. We've never encountered any extra movement on this deck. We just love it!!

We had a lido deck cabin on the Star. It was actually pretty quiet. Since so much of the Lido deck is public areas, the cabin section feels somewhat secluded. It was nice to be so close to the pools, bars, and pizza! I prefer Caribe deck simply because the balconies are bigger. Otherwise would book a Lido cabin again in a heart beat.

We stayed on Lido - I think L239 - on the CB. It was wonderful. If you do a search you will find a lot of info on staying on this deck.

We always get a balcony and, for the first time, we rarely used it. We were so close to the pools, we stayed out there most of the time.

You are going to love it!

Clutterlady, We'll be on the L250 in October for 18 nights. Will let you know how it is - as L256 should be pretty much the same.

Only thing I'd caution to the OP is that the other side (starboard?) some of the rooms are under the gym. I avoided that side because I was not sure if you'd hear noise from the machines or aerobics classes above.

From what I've read on the boards, people seem to enjoy the Lido rooms and you don't hear too much noise from the pool, MUTs, etc. And there are less cabins for the stewards. The only thing I'm dreading is catching an elevator when everyone comes back from port at the same time. Taking the stairs would be a pain...

Clutterlady, We'll be on the L250 in October for 18 nights. Will let you know how it is - as L256 should be pretty much the same.

Only thing I'd caution to the OP is that the other side (starboard?) some of the rooms are under the gym. I avoided that side because I was not sure if you'd hear noise from the machines or aerobics classes above.

From what I've read on the boards, people seem to enjoy the Lido rooms and you don't hear too much noise from the pool, MUTs, etc. And there are less cabins for the stewards. The only thing I'm dreading is catching an elevator when everyone comes back from port at the same time. Taking the stairs would be a pain...

Extra stairs = two desserts!!!

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Lido when you get back!

Have a wonderful cruise:)

Cabins on the Lido (pool) deck: they're all PRO, no CON!

At your fingertips: Swimming, Comfy lounge chairs, Food, Ice Cream, Movies, Beverage Service, as well as the Sun in the morning and the Moon at night. What's not to like! :p

It's all good. :)

We stayed on the Lido deck on the CB for two weeks and it was great! It was very quiet and we didn't feel any motion at all. I think that it was the smoothest trip we have ever had. Of course it was great being able to walk out of the cabin and have access to just about everything right there!:)

YIPPEEEE!!!!!! :) Thanks everyone for your responses....you've talked me into it...Sounds like we made a good decision. Of all the cruises we've been on, we've never stayed on Lido (I love "FIRSTS").....Made final payment....and, now the anticipation begins (one of my favorite parts of the cruise experience!)

Hey, Karen: Where's the Emerald going? How much fun would that be????

I've done my final payment.....My TA would have a "cow!" We already moved this cruise twice......I do have to give my DH some choices!!!!

And, Miss Brenny, well, she goes where MaMa goes!

I'd love to cruise with you. We'd have so much fun.....of course we'd have to rename the cruise and you, Brenda and me would be too busy to pay much attention to anyone else!!!!

You'd love her! She's such a joy to travel with! The second the ship rolls out from the dock, she wants to go on deck and put her head over the side to watch the waves and take in the salt air!!!!! Such a "sea dog!"

We would have a great time, probably bore everyone to tears with our dog stories!! we are on Emerald's 10 day Eastern Carribbean cruise and are very exicted about this trip. Where is your cruise taking you? I had a golden out today for an exciting trip to Target and Circuit City(love that long wall of big screen TV's and all with the Olympics on), did a tour with a black lab/golden mix who is the smartest sweetest dog and will be someones forever friend soon.

We love the lido deck also. In fact we have the same cabin booked on our Crown cruise in Oct that we had on the CB. My husband loves walking down to the buffet late in the evening and bringing a plate of deserts or sometimes they have chocolate covered strawberrys back to the room and we sit out on the balcony and relax. We hardly noticed any noise what so ever. Sometimes it just is to tempting walking past that pizza bar and not grabbing a slice and taking it back to our room. You will enjoy the lido deck.

Just came back from L250 on CB. Second time on Lido deck. Did it last year on Crown. Highly recommend it. It is close to all the day-time activities and pizza and hamburgers are only 15 feet away.... this could be a bad thing if your waist line is at risk for not fitting into the second formal nights Tux.

Karen: Have a wonderful cruise.....we've done the Caribbean and DH said he won't do it again.......We're going to Mexico, right out of our home port; no planes to catch; no cars or cabs to rent....the convenience is way to inviting for us "lazy folks"!

"Grab a piece of pizza, while walking back to our cabin", DH will love that.....and to be able to stroll down the deck as opposed to catching an elevator or stairs is exactly what we both want!

Thanks, everyone for the good information! :)

Excellent! Thanks for the feedback. We'll be in L250 in 6 weeks from today. Will post a thorough review and take lots of pics. I think being close to everything will be very nice... and won't have to worry about finding a seat at Horizon court - can just go sit on our balcony!

:D We were on the Star Princess Lido deck, Alaska, May 08. We LOVED it. So handy to the food and pools. It was Very Quiet and had very little motion. Also the balcony is fully covered on the Lido deck. We are currently having a crisis over whether to get a Lido Balcony cabin again or Mini Suite on the Caribe deck May 09 (back to Alaska). Any advise on this decision???

Archived