Cagney's Steakhouse Prices?

Hoosier1439

Is the menu in post #7 not a current menu? It has the tomahawk on it.

It also has lobster, not just lobster tail on it. Which is correct for Cagneys, the menu in post 7 or the one in post 4??

We were on the Breakaway in June 2016 and my husband orderd the Tomahawk and I got the whole lobster. Hope that menu has not changed!

Looks like they might of taken the pork belly off the appetizer menu as well?

Edited by ksmcdonald

We were on the Breakaway in June 2016 and my husband orderd the Tomahawk and I got the whole lobster. Hope that menu has not changed!

Looks like they might of taken the pork belly off the appetizer menu as well?

My understanding is that as of a month or so ago, lobster is no longer on any ofthe specialty restaurant menus. The only lobster is in MDR for an upcharge. I think it's about $24.99

Update on this: User Mel71 just posted the current menu from Cagney's on the Jade here, and it does not have the Tomahawk (or the lobster). :(

I had the tomahawk on escape a few days ago.

The megaships do not seem to have the same menus as the Jewel class ships.

Current Jade menu has no tomahawk steak.

This is often the case. Also, the megaships have more items on continental breakfast menu than the Jewel class ships do.

Can't compare menus between megaships and smaller ships. I thought menus were the same across the fleet, but evidently not.

Edited by NMLady

The megaships do not seem to have the same menus as the Jewel class ships.

Current Jade menu has no tomahawk steak.

This is often the case. Also, the megaships have more items on continental breakfast menu than the Jewel class ships do.

Can't compare menus between megaships and smaller ships. I thought menus were the same across the fleet, but evidently not.

Hi, do you have the Continental breakfast menu for the Epic? Thanks.

Hi, do you have the Continental breakfast menu for the Epic? Thanks.

No but if you do a search on this forum the Escape breakfast card has been posted with comments from others, maybe Epic. Escape & Getaway breakfast cards both include fruit and yogurt as choices on free continental breakfast. Jade and Jewel have paper, not card and do not include fruit or yogurt.

To return to topic, we cruise on Jade end of this month and I'm disappointed in the Cagney menu. I hope Le Bistro kept my favorites but someone elsewhere said the lamb dish has changed.

Update on this: User Mel71 just posted the current menu from Cagney's on the Jade here, and it does not have the Tomahawk (or the lobster). :(

As an update to my update: I was in the Jade departure terminal in Venice this morning, and this was the menu they were displaying for Cagney's at the restaurant table. It does have the tomahawk! Of course there is still no guarantee for what will actually be happening next week on board…

e3bc557d311731d33cd8d57052524afd.jpg

• 1 year later...

I cant see the menu image the writing is too small.

What are the cover and meal charges for Cagneys on the Gem? On the Indy it was $35 fee to get into Chops Grille. I think you get charged a 35 dollar booking fee per person plus x dollars per item on the gem don't you?. I am not paying hundreds of dollars for 2 steaks not on a cruise ship. if it is going to end up at hundreds of dollars like in a steak house i think we will cancel it. I am prepared to pay steak house prices but not a cover charge to get in. I have never heard of a steak house that charges cover to get in on land.

Edited by ace2542

What are the cover and meal charges for Cagneys on the Gem? On the Indy it was $35 fee to get into Chops Grille. I think you get charged a 35 dollar booking fee per person plus x dollars per item on the gem don't you?. I am not paying hundreds of dollars for 2 steaks not on a cruise ship. if it is going to end up at hundreds of dollars like in a steak house i think we will cancel it. I am prepared to pay steak house prices but not a cover charge to get in. I have never heard of a steak house that charges cover to get in on land.

If you don’t pay for the SDP (or get it free as a per), you pay the a la carte prices, no cover charge.

If you don’t pay for the SDP (or get it free as a per), you pay the a la carte prices, no cover charge.

So it will cost hundreds of dollars for 2 people?. I can't read the print on the picture it is too small. No cover charge appears on my booking.

So it will cost hundreds of dollars for 2 people?. I can't read the print on the picture it is too small. No cover charge appears on my booking.

Why are you thinking that? The average steak is $20/25, sides are a couple bucks. It’s like a restaurant on land without the SDP (you have to purchase at least three nights if you go that route, still not hundreds of dollars).

Are you reading what they wrote? No.

Either your meal is covered by the SDP or you pay by the item. "$100's of dollars" isn't even in the equation.

This is an old menu, but it will give you a clue as to the prices. Note, lobster is one of the items that is not on the new menu.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/30967_cagneys_escape_dinner_menu.pdf

The Escape in May had no lobster

And no Lobster in September, too! However, Bayamo has a great Lobster dish. The Officer we met at the Meet & Greet who is in charge of Bayamo made a point of letting us know it was the only restaurant on the ship with a Lobster dish.

And no Lobster in September, too! However, Bayamo has a great Lobster dish. The Officer we met at the Meet & Greet who is in charge of Bayamo made a point of letting us know it was the only restaurant on the ship with a Lobster dish.

Something to consider. Le Bistro had a great one. At least one place should have it as al la Carte at least. Bayamo is a great place to eat.

This is an old menu, but it will give you a clue as to the prices. Note, lobster is one of the items that is not on the new menu.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/30967_cagneys_escape_dinner_menu.pdf[/quote

Thank you I can read that menu

That's fair enough and better value than on land. Steaks are 35 to 40 bucks on land and sides 8 bucks each.