Epic Tips and Tricks

Swells1

Just back from Epic some answers /comments below

Or "Hacks". :rolleyes:

Okay, experts, let's talk about the Epic. I'm sailing with three other people in a few months, and it's time to start giving everyone the details.

I've complied my own list based on previous threads, and I'm hoping others can add to it.

(Note: These have been copied and pasted directly from previous posts- so any grammatical errors or typos aren't mine. Also, it didn't occur to me until this very second that I should credit the original posters. Sorry- my bad.:o)

• Don’t forget to eat in O’Sheehan’s (24hr)

Wings and Hot dogs were great burgers and breakfast not so

• Take a power strip with you. There's only one outlet with two plugs in standard balcony room

• On the last sea day they have a big sale on Epic stuff in the shops on deck15. 2 shirts for $10 are a good deal for gifts - some nice sweatshirts, jackets, hats and other items for 50% off. The main gift shops don’t have sales the last day.

didnt know about this

• There's an awesome out-of-the-way place for shaded lounging... under the sports deck starboard aft

Is that the H20 adults lounge ?

• There are at least four places to get a made to order omelet in the Garden Café at breakfast

Food good at breakfast but be prepared for crowds

• The public sun decks on 18 are virtually empty, even when the pool is full (seating for about 100 people up there)

• Discovered the fix for the sink splashing.......don't turn the faucet on full blast.

• "Secret" aft stairs are aft - on either side at the very back of the Epic. If you look at the deck plan you'll see blank spots there.

• Note that the cabin telephone is very bright. It’s like a giant cell phone that is constantly on. On the upper right of the screen there is a light bulb, touch the bulb and the phone goes to sleep

We had to put a towel over it

• A simple tip for future cruisers, You don't need to use your key card to keep the lights on. Any card will work. Just put it in the slot by the door.

• You can drop off of bags at Headliners - to walk around without bags for a couple of hours. (SWells' note- I think this is the Cavern Club now.)

• Spice H20 was a good “away from people” spot for lunch on embarkation day.

• There are 2 drawers for clothes (or shoes) under the couch bed

• A tip that I didn't see under "Rooms" is to pull your bed out from under the headboard. This will give your bed a few more inches in length..

• Breakfast at Garden Cafe is loud and busy, get your food and head down to La Cucina. It had a beautiful view of sea for dining. First few days there was hardly anyone else down there. I don't think other cruisers knew it was open

Taste was also open for breakfast on a couple of mornings

• There is a slide-out small table (like a desk) directly above the mini-fridge

• The shower was really nice not so big but the pressure was great. I didn't find the shower steamed up the cabin at all. Just turn up the A/C a bit before going in

• Vanity Mirror: The light was just underneath the medicine cabinet. You just have to find the switch

• Tip for ice cream lovers: If both sides of the buffet are open, they serve different flavors on each side. So if you are on one side and don't see what you want, go over to the other side

• If you can fit things in early on your trip, see was the comedian/magician (he is not around by the end of the week

• We were so disappointed that we didn't try to snacks in the spice H2O bar. They had empanadas, and a bunch of other little goodies we didn't know they served there. FREE by the way

Not great choice here

• The water slides are awesome. Start with the purple. It’s the tamest and never had a line. Then do the green – it’s fun, and also never has a line. THEN do the big yellow one with the tubes

SLides were good fun

• Around the front on 18 there are loads of cushioned beds, probably not quite the same comfort as Posh but much better than the regular beds. I noticed plenty of spares any time I strolled around there. Easy to get to - lift to 17, then walk up stairs to 18, one doorway leads to Posh (access card won't work here unless you've paid for posh pass), the other leads out to deck 18

Try and eat in Taste and Manhattan for better service and the being waitered on experience

Music in Cavern club and Howl at the Moon (Headliners) was excellent

• 2 months later...
Can anyone tell us the general times for shows (so we can make appropriate dinner reservations)??

From our cruise, first week October:

Main Epic Theatre shows

Burn the Floor - 7pm and 9.30pm

Priscilla - 7.15pm and 10pm

Men of Motown - 7pm and 9.30pm

Spiegel Tent

Cirque Dreams - some evenings 8.30pm. Couple of evenings was 9.30pm

From our cruise, first week October:

Main Epic Theatre shows

Burn the Floor - 7pm and 9.30pm

Priscilla - 7.15pm and 10pm

Men of Motown - 7pm and 9.30pm

Spiegel Tent

Cirque Dreams - some evenings 8.30pm. Couple of evenings was 9.30pm

I am curious about the "Men of Motown" show you mentioned. Perhaps it isn't being done when Epic returns to sailing from Port Canaveral...but I haven't seen any other reference to it either.

I am curious about the "Men of Motown" show you mentioned. Perhaps it isn't being done when Epic returns to sailing from Port Canaveral...but I haven't seen any other reference to it either.

Don't know if the show will still be playing. This is the write up from the Freestyle Daily:

"This sensational Soul and Motown Trio will take you back to those legendary days of the Temptations, Four Tops, O'Jays, Jackie Wilson, Luther Vandross, The Drifters and many more as they encompass the true magic of the sixties Soul/Motown era with outstanding vocals, and excellently choreographed movements.

This sly, slick, wicked vocal harmony group will ease their way through an impressive selection of music with faultless precision and their floor show is a great attraction and never fails to please the most discerning of music lovers."

Don't know if the show will still be playing. This is the write up from the Freestyle Daily:

"This sensational Soul and Motown Trio will take you back to those legendary days of the Temptations, Four Tops, O'Jays, Jackie Wilson, Luther Vandross, The Drifters and many more as they encompass the true magic of the sixties Soul/Motown era with outstanding vocals, and excellently choreographed movements.

This sly, slick, wicked vocal harmony group will ease their way through an impressive selection of music with faultless precision and their floor show is a great attraction and never fails to please the most discerning of music lovers."

Oh I see... Thank You! There are many (and revolving) different types of entertainment options on different cruises that are posted in the dailies. I am kind of hoping that they have that particular show on Epic when we sail next month. It sounds very interesting to me. Seems like it might be something very complimentary to the Cavern Club. :)

We just booked the Epic for New Years 2017. This will be our first NCL cruise we have done 2 on carnival and will be on the magic this December. How does NCL compare to carnival? Does NCL have a New Years party? How's the kids club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just booked the Epic for New Years 2017. This will be our first NCL cruise we have done 2 on carnival and will be on the magic this December. How does NCL compare to carnival? Does NCL have a New Years party? How's the kids club?

We're on the same cruise! I've never cruised during the holidays, but I heard they have parties in most venues with a countdown and there may or may not be champagne bottles in the hot tubs and an ice sculpture pushed into the pool at midnight!

We're on the same cruise! I've never cruised during the holidays, but I heard they have parties in most venues with a countdown and there may or may not be champagne bottles in the hot tubs and an ice sculpture pushed into the pool at midnight!

Champagne in a hot tub. Sign me up

Just booked and reading the threads and see ; you can prebook your shows in advance. Can someone tell me how and if this is needed for Nov. 26 sailing?

Thanks

There are some (but not all) shows on the Epic that you can reserve in advance. You can do it through MY NCL where your reservation information is. That becomes available to people that are in suites 100 days before sail date and for all others 90 days before sail date. Since you are so close to your sailing you should be able to make reservations now...however they only allow so many reservations to be made in advance and if they have filled that quota for any particular show they will not show as available. Reservations can also be made once onboard as well.

Off the top of my head there are 3 shows that I can think of that allow for advanced registrations:

Priscilla

Burn the Floor

Cirque Dinner Show

There is no Extra Charge for the first two but the Cirque Dinner show does have an additional charge.

You can also make reservations for different comedy shows in Headliners...but only once onboard. There is no extra charge for those either.

Lots of other entertainment areas on board that don't take reservations and are strictly walk in without additional charges. Cavern Club and Howl at the Moon are a couple that come to mind.

Even for shows that do require reservations you can often get into them without one. You would stand in a standby line and be let in about 10 minutes before the show starts if it wasn't full.

Hope that helps a little.