Breakaway Hurricane News 10/9

carol54

There are 2 storms out there, what is NCL supposed to do? I've had itineraries change due to hurricanes, it happens. Just try and concentrate on all the fun things you still get to do. If you can, try Bermuda in May or June, we've gone 3 times in May and never had a weather problem.

We were rerouted 2 years ago. We found out via cruise critic while driving into the port. We knew we werent going to bermuda, we werent sure if we were going to Canada or the Bahamas. We were just happy to be going on a cruise. Hope you have a good time.

Edited by pathubia

The same thing happened to us on our Bermuda cruise in 2011. we went to Orlando, the Nassau and Great Stirrup cay. we were disappointed, but still had a good time. It almost happened again in 2012. They departed with no destination and went to Bermuda on schedule, but departed to NY on Thursday, rather than Friday. Please try to have a good time. Remember-a day at sea is always better than a day at the office.

I think what is really chapping ass is not being told ahead of time. It just smacks of dishonesty and less than candid dealing with paying fares.

Even if they had advised you as you arrived at the dock, your only option would have been to choose not to board, in which case you would forfeit the cruise with no refund as NCL had the right to change itineraries for most any reason. I can't see cruise insurance paying either as the ship will sail.

They could offer some reimbursement for the delayed departure, but you ARE on the ship, so I doubt that will happen. But didn't the Sky passengers get a 50% refund for missing Nassau? That might be something to hope for.

Nicole has strengthened and will hit Bermuda head on as a Hurricane on Thursday. It is the last place you will want to be. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at5+shtml/145254.shtml?5-daynl#contents

That being said the only alternatives left are Florida/Bahamas or NE/Canada since you will only have 6 days with the overnight in NY. The biggest problem is obtaining clearance from the various ports. Try to have a great time no matter where you go.

Edited by Mike A

I think what is really chapping ass is not being told ahead of time. It just smacks of dishonesty and less than candid dealing with paying fares.

Well, storms don't exactly plan and stay their course. Again, this is the chance you take by cruising this time of the year.

I hear all of you, but Port Canaveral is a poor substitute for Bermuda. The line to Guest Services is backed up to the elevator. I tend to consider myself an understanding person, but my shipmates are no shrinking violets - man, there is an anger building here.

I bet :( I would be disappointed too.

I'm on this cruise right now. Never been to Bermuda and was excited to go. But oh well, just another reason to come back. I'm sure we will get some sort of credit. Plus I had insurance so I'm getting $500 for the port change.

This is what happens when you sail during hurricane season. Not going to stop me from having fun! :D