Which port in Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) Vietnam?

Mauzac

Hi all :)

I wonder if there is anyone out there who has been to Ho Chi Minh with SB this year?

The reason I ask is... the larger ships dock at Phy Mu port which is between 1.5 and 2 hours from Ho Chi Minh city. As I understand it from SB HO in UK, Sojourn will be docking at one of the smaller ports when we go next year.

There's a choice of 3 - Nha Rong, Tan Thuan II or Lotus. All these are much closer to the city. On our second day in Vietnam there is an independent excursion we want to book which involves us getting ourselves to Saigon Opera House by 8am. One of the ports is pretty close, the other two are I think 30 minutes away by taxi (not sure of traffic etc) and I just wondered if our plans are do-able depending on which port we dock in. Does anyone know which one SB used this year?

Thank you in advance!

The several times we have stopped in HCM city, it was right down town and it would be only 10 minutes or so to the Opera House. We like seeing the Majestic Hotel roof top restaurant from the ship.

Edited by DCCruiser57

I think the ship run a free shuttle between the ship and the Rex Hotel / Municipal Theatre (Opera House). It saves you walking over the bridge.

Henry :)

It did when we were there. We took the shuttle in and walked back.

Thank you all. :)

That's good to know. Especially if there's a shuttle bus, but having been on Google maps I can see it's quite walkable too. We need to be at the Opera House at 7.55am so now I know it's feasible, I shall book it up!

Thank you all. :)

That's good to know. Especially if there's a shuttle bus, but having been on Google maps I can see it's quite walkable too. We need to be at the Opera House at 7.55am so now I know it's feasible, I shall book it up!

Same experience as other posters, very convenient spot.

Which itinerary are you doing?

Save

I think the ship run a free shuttle between the ship and the Rex Hotel / Municipal Theatre (Opera House). It saves you walking over the bridge.

Henry :)

Yes, Henry, there was indeed a shuttle but I saw walking as an opportunity to work off some of the extra food I was consuming. I try to do that as often as possible though I'm not always successful.