Ports on the Amazon

dalliowner

Have just been advised by Seabourn that our cruise next march there will be two addition stops in the amazon. They will be Boca dos Botos for three hours and Guajara for four hours and are said to be "service calls ". I presume one is perhaps for refueling although as the ship is two days at Manaus I would have thought it would be done there,But as the two ports are only a couple of days apart the both could not be refueling.

Has anybody any idea what they maybe for and has anybody been to either port as I cannot find any info on line.

Many thanks :D

Have just been advised by Seabourn that our cruise next march there will be two addition stops in the amazon. They will be Boca dos Botos for three hours and Guajara for four hours and are said to be "service calls ". I presume one is perhaps for refueling although as the ship is two days at Manaus I would have thought it would be done there,But as the two ports are only a couple of days apart the both could not be refueling.

Has anybody any idea what they maybe for and has anybody been to either port as I cannot find any info on line.

Boca dos Botos is a side river of the Amazon where Seabourn offers zodiac tours to see local wildlife like sloths, monkeys and birds. So the stop will be for that. Guajara may be similar but I don't know.

I got the same email and it mentioned due Ventures, which are the Zodiac/ RIB tours that Seabourn offer on certain cruises. I had a look yesterday and no additional excursions showing but will be keeping an eye out. I am rather worried that they have brought the departure forward from Manaus by an hour as we have the private speedboat tour booked for 1.30 which is just under 4 hours long but sailing is now 5.00... Maybe we will have to get onboard like the Pilot boat guys do :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe to take on water??? The ship is unable to use its desalination equipment on the Amazon.