Bidding on an upgrade???

LMaxwell

My brother told me last week he had gotten some kind of promo to bid on a cabin upgrade. Is this on a website somewhere? Targeted marketing (he has never sailed NCL before)? Just curious, he got an upgrade to a minisuite for very little $$. I'd give it a try if that is the case.

Numerous threads on this for more info, just search. However a brief overview - only Escape and Breakaway are going the bidding process right now. If deemed successful in the eyes of NCL (meaning more profit generated than the current Upsell methods), expect to see it roll out fleet-wide. In order to bid you MUST receive the email.

Wow! While we kept checking our email, just figured out last night to type NORWEGIAN in the search bar?? 6 emails came up from Norwegian! They had been emailing us for a month regarding bids for an upgrade. Not sure how this was missed. But to answer, emails were not in spam, but just where all the normal emails are to our address. We sail the Escape 10/29/16....looking forward to see if our bid goes thru!!!

Book a cruise and take a chance on getting a bid invitation.

There's no guarantee, place to sign up or way to force them to provide you with a way to get a cabin upgrade at a discounted price.

If you're willing to book with the possibility of getting the option, give it a try!

I'm currently booked in an OV guarantee on Getaway over Thanksgiving. I got the email less than 24 hours after booking. I have a low-ball offer on both a balcony and a mini-suite, because I am perfectly happy with the OV cabin assigned. There are more than 40 of each category of cabin still left with less than 30 days to sail. Will see what happens.

The TA I used, which when you Cruise is very Direct, told me at booking that I would get this upgrade e-mail. And yes, check the spam folder. Every one of the Norwegian Upgrade Advantage e-mails I've gotten end up there but the regular Norwegian marketing e-mails do not.

Numerous threads on this for more info, just search. However a brief overview - only Escape and Breakaway are going the bidding process right now. If deemed successful in the eyes of NCL (meaning more profit generated than the current Upsell methods), expect to see it roll out fleet-wide. In order to bid you MUST receive the email.

To clarify, currently it is Escape and Getaway, not Breakaway, that has the bidding process for upsells.