Questions about showclimate on Breakaway

getab0at

Leaving in a week yeah!! Thanks for all info I have seen here - it's helped a lot. One thing I haven't seen is how do you 'sign up' for 'shows/games' other than Rock of Ages and Burn the floor? Do you have to sign up for any comedy shows? Are there comedy shows? I have seen the info on Howling at the Moon but not sure what else there is on board for 'free'. Also starting to pack - are the restaurants kept cool? Wondering if I will need a light jacket. Packing some layering but was curious to hear what people say.

You only need reservations before your cruise for Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor. The other shows are first come first served. Get in line at least 30 minutes before the show begins.

You should also get reservations if you want to dine in the Manhattan room and see the floor show in there. It is also important to make reservations for specialty dining as most restaurants are full by the end of the first day of your cruise and you may only be able to get into some restaurants at odd times like 9:30pm once onboard.

Unless you are cold natured, you will probably not need a sweater, so I would only pack one neutral one for this cruise.

BTW, I highly recommend the spa package - the spa on this ship is wonderful and a very peaceful place to hang out. You can buy it online prior to your cruise.

Some shows can be booked online in advance and the rest is when you board. The comedy shows book up the first night so, plan on booking those as soon as you board. They do change over the week so, I would be 2-3 , we only booked one for the second night and were not able to see anymore because the line ups were too long for us in the stand by line.

Temperatures are subjective, I would err on the side of caution and bring a sweater if you tend to get cold.

Spa pass was THE BEST money I have ever spend on a cruise, hands down.

Thanks - have booked dining already. I also got the SPA pass - can't wait to use that. I am hoping it is open early since I am an early riser.

Every time we've sailed the hours are 8 am - 10 pm daily but they close early on the the last evening (I'm thinking 8 pm). There's something in the back of my head saying that they closed early another night too so the crew could use the spa. I just asked DH and he remembers that too. Can anyone else chime in on this?

When you get on-board where do you book that comedy shows.

They have touch screens near the elevators where you can make reservations. I think they can do it at the box office in the theatre too. For Howl at the Moon if it's super busy at first we've always just left and come back and we've never had trouble getting seats later in the evening.

Hi there,

Last time we were onboard I did need a light sweater/pashmina scarf while dining in both the Manhattan Dining Room on one night (Bermuda trip) and outdoors at Cagney's (departing from Nassau). After a day in the sun my skin felt chilly in the air conditioning and cool Bahamas evening breezes while the ship was underway.

We didn't bother with comedy show reservations (Second City...free) and walked into most shows with no problems at 5 minutes to show times.

Sorry, can't help with Spa questions.

Make sure you are topside for sailaway to enjoy the NYC skyline, Lady Liberty, One World Trade and going under the Verrazano Bridge!

Have a great cruise! I highly recommend Fat Cats!!

P.S.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/whats-on-board/Entertainment

Edited by meatball_nyc

i plan on writing a huge review since i just got back but i will address 2 things above. the temps very wildly on the ship. one night in haven restaurant i was hot, one night cold. taste was freezing the only time was there and i run hot normally. common areas like taste and haven i dont get why they cant be the same all the time.

my own room varied greatly even though i kept it at the same thing all day. i did find atrium consistently pleasant.

note since it's october, 1st and last day of cruise may be cold outside.

regarding the spa u should find it pleasant. saturday some decks were closed and the spa still wasnt packed. if you want a heater lounger early is best. i never got to try one. my fault for not doing it the day i got there early and instead i did the pool and treatment rooms.

i plan on writing a huge review since i just got back but i will address 2 things above. the temps very wildly on the ship. one night in haven restaurant i was hot, one night cold. taste was freezing the only time was there and i run hot normally. common areas like taste and haven i dont get why they cant be the same all the time.

my own room varied greatly even though i kept it at the same thing all day. i did find atrium consistently pleasant.

note since it's october, 1st and last day of cruise may be cold outside.

regarding the spa u should find it pleasant. saturday some decks were closed and the spa still wasnt packed. if you want a heater lounger early is best. i never got to try one. my fault for not doing it the day i got there early and instead i did the pool and treatment rooms.

I'm looking forward to your review. Especially the haven.:D

Leaving in a week yeah!! Thanks for all info I have seen here - it's helped a lot. One thing I haven't seen is how do you 'sign up' for 'shows/games' other than Rock of Ages and Burn the floor? Do you have to sign up for any comedy shows? Are there comedy shows? I have seen the info on Howling at the Moon but not sure what else there is on board for 'free'. Also starting to pack - are the restaurants kept cool? Wondering if I will need a light jacket. Packing some layering but was curious to hear what people say.

I would suggest that anything you want to see in the atrium you get there early. It's a small venue and seating fills up quickly.