eclipse aqua class cabins and dining in blu

We're booked on the Eclipse Feb 23,2013 Southern Carribean - Deck 7 ocean view with balcony.

Considering upgrading to Aqua Class. Some cabins seem to be under the fitness center or pool area. I've read that some balconys have an overhang from above.

Any suggestions where on Deck 11 is best (based on availability).

Also, your experience dining in Blu. Sounds wonderful to me, may have to sell it to DH.

Looking forward to Eclipse even though I loved the size of the Constellation on previous cruises.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. :) Joan

We're booked on the Eclipse Feb 23,2013 Southern Carribean - Deck 7 ocean view with balcony.

Considering upgrading to Aqua Class. Some cabins seem to be under the fitness center or pool area. I've read that some balconys have an overhang from above.

Any suggestions where on Deck 11 is best (based on availability).

Also, your experience dining in Blu. Sounds wonderful to me, may have to sell it to DH.

Looking forward to Eclipse even though I loved the size of the Constellation on previous cruises.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. :) Joan

I would check the sticky at the top of the page for info on particular statements, many of the previous cruisers who contributed to the sticky made comments on noise.

Blu is a smaller restaurant with the dishes more made to order. They also serve a delicious full breakfast. Most people consider Blu to be similiar to eating in a specialty restuarant every night. Some however do not like eating in Blu.

We are just back from the Eclipse and were in an AQ cabin. Forward cabins don't have any of the overhang so you still get a lot of sun on the balcony. We were in 1544 which is below the salon, and it was very quiet. We didn't hear any noise from above or from the elevators which are only a few feet away.

Loved dining in Blu and the dinner was excellent. Breakfast was ok to begin with, but I did get a bit bored of the selection by the last day. However, the Maitre'd said that if we gave them 24 hours notice, they would be able to provide items from the MDR breakfast menu. (I was never organised enough to remember to do this)

We were in 1504 on the Solstice on our recent cruise, right below the gym. I was very leery as I absolutely HATE noise like that. I wasn't bothered a bit. We were far enough forward that we were partially under the little deck in front of the gym. Once in a while we heard a weight stack being dropped, but no loud music, etc. The gym is closed at night, of course, so there's no problem with sleeping. We didn't spend all that much time in the cabin, but when we did, the noise was not really that noticeable.

"Noise safe" area is Cabins 1621 to 1650. We were in 1638 and found it quiet for two major reasons: (1) Cabins are above and below this area, so no noise from public areas on other decks. (2) Since there are no rear stairs on Solstice class ships, corridors are quiet because no one has a reason to be in those hallways except folks walking to and from their cabins. Downside is that it is sort of a long walk to the fitness area, but using center stairway or elevators there is easy access to dining in Blu and buffet dining area which is two floors up. Highly highly recommend Blu for breakfast and dinner. Quiet, better food, intimate yet reasonable menu variety. We are sailing on Constellation in June in Concierge class and will miss AQ class and opportunity to dine in Blu, but still very much looking forward to Arctic Circle cruise. Also last chance for larger jogging track area before they take some of it away when Connie gets completely Solticized and AQ and Blu are added in early 2013.

"Noise safe" area is Cabins 1621 to 1650. We were in 1638 and found it quiet for two major reasons: (1) Cabins are above and below this area, so no noise from public areas on other decks. (2) Since there are no rear stairs on Solstice class ships, corridors are quiet because no one has a reason to be in those hallways except folks walking to and from their cabins. Downside is that it is sort of a long walk to the fitness area, but using center stairway or elevators there is easy access to dining in Blu and buffet dining area which is two floors up. Highly highly recommend Blu for breakfast and dinner. Quiet, better food, intimate yet reasonable menu variety. We are sailing on Constellation in June in Concierge class and will miss AQ class and opportunity to dine in Blu, but still very much looking forward to Arctic Circle cruise. Also last chance for larger jogging track area before they take some of it away when Connie gets completely Solticized and AQ and Blu are added in early 2013.

Do you recall what is across the hall in that white space, from 1638 -1648 area? Any steward pantry or crew doors?

Thanks again.

We have been in 1556 on the Equinox and 1640 on the Silhouette. We liked 1640 better, but don't use the front of the ship too much. Will be in 1594 on the Eclipse T/A on Apr 21. The back two cabins provide good access to the back elevators and Blu. We love dining there and try to always go AQ if I can find good pricing.... And I have lately, Tuesday Specials are great......

We recently sailed on the Summit in AQ class on deck 11. The only noise we heard was in the late evening on the last 2 nights. Some of the younger guest seemed to have found the deck area and were running or jumping. Fortunately it did not last to long or happen every night of the cruise. As far as eating in Blu - it was amazing!! We consider ourselves foodies and the food was excellent! Much better than the MDR. Ambience was fresh and soothing, and the wait staff was very attentive. We just booked an 11 day Med cruise on the Silhouette in AQ class - we may never be able to go back to CC. The extra cost for AQ is worth it to not having to go to the specialty restaurants for a great meal.

• 5 months later...
Hi,

Sorry to jump in here, but I see that 'new england couple' has booked on the Feb. 23, 2012 cruise. We are also booked on that. I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a 'roll call' for that cruise?

2. If so, how do we sign up on that?

Thanks for all your great info.

Hi,

Attached is the link for that Roll Call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1405392&referrerid=422315

Enjoy !

Woody

We were on the Eclipse this past April and in room 1639. Quiet and adequate sunlight/shade. We enjoyed Blu for both breakfast and dinner. Being able to dine in Blu was a welcoming respite considering this was a very 'noisy' cruise.

Archived