Cruise & Maritime Azores

teddybearwordsmith

• 3 weeks later...

Hi We are travelling on the Azores in July to the Scottish Isles and Faroes. I would be interested to know what you thought of the ship and any does or don ts. It is our first trip with cruise and maritime and some of the reviews sound a bit worrying but the itinaries are fantastic (hopefully we will be able to visit all the places. Hope you have a good holiday. Ann

Hi We are travelling on the Azores in July to the Scottish Isles and Faroes. I would be interested to know what you thought of the ship and any does or don ts. It is our first trip with cruise and maritime and some of the reviews sound a bit worrying but the itinaries are fantastic (hopefully we will be able to visit all the places. Hope you have a good holiday. Ann

Hi Ann,

My wife and I are not on this cruise, however I can give you an opinion on CMV.

We cruised on the Marco Polo in July 2013 to Norway, Spitzbergen and the Faroe Islands. We have been cruising since 2001 and this was our first cruise with CMV. We absolutely loved it, the itinerary (which for us is paramount) was fantastic, the crew are really friendly, and the entertainment albeit not the lavish productions you get on the likes of Celebrity was still really good.

The excursion prices are at a fraction of what Celebrity would charge as are the bar prices.

The only negative I have is that on sea days the Buffet Restaurant struggled to cope with the amount of people at lunchtime.

We enjoyed CMV so much, that we have 2 cruises booked this year with their latest ship the Magellan.

We always take reviews with a huge pinch of salt. No ship is perfect, however cruising sure beats staying at home.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking to take the cruise ship Azores to Iceland in Summer July / August.

Azores was build in 1948 and I believe it to be the oldest cruise ship still in use. The oldest one I have been on previously was built in 1956 MS Royal Star no longer in service.

I was kind of chasing this ship it was chartered by a German company Ambiente. It's good to see I might have a chance to be on board.

Edited by Seemeilen