anyone on the Quest

dalliowner

Hi

We will be joining in Manaus in a couple of weeks and was wondering what the new CD is like and who the other senior officers are ? Who is the barman in the Club as well ?

Many thanks

John

Ships Officers

Captain Dag Dvergastein

Staff Captain Nikolay Nikolov

Chief Engineer David O’Hara

Hotel Director Peppi Schuppler

Doctor Theán Taljaard

F&B Manager Michael F. Simon

Chief Purser Julian Simpson

Guest Services Manager Lauren Roos

Cruise Director Jim Cannon

Restaurant Manager Jan Gunter

Executive Chef Tomasz Borucki

Executive Housekeeper Cristina Popovici

Destinations Manager Christine Clark

Yes - Fabrizio is still baking the best pizzas at sea at the Patio Grill! (He looks and speaks like an Italian but is Brazilian.)

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The new Cruise Director is a very nice, warm and approachable gentleman but after just 7 days I'm not clear yet on how good he is at his job... which might be totally unfair as he's a 30 year industry veteran but brand new to Seabourn, so assumingely still getting up to speed. The entertainment on this cruise is hit or miss. The Guest Entertainers have been excellent, but the on board entertainment is quite poor. If you have to sing "Dancing Queen" with an iPad in front of you because you don't know the words by hard, something is wrong. And sadly that goes for almost every song the entertainment team performs.

Many thanks Floris, do you happen to know who the head barman in the club is ? We tend to spend the evenings there.

John

I haven't been yet as the place to be seems to be deck 10 forward (Observation Lounge?) where the pianist and head bar woman (Tamara) are drawing a full house every night, but I'll see what I can find out tonight!

I suspect the new and long overdue smoking ban after 8pm in the Obs Lounge makes a huge difference. Just one person lighting up could empty the place in 5mins flat back in the day.

Edit: This is NOT yet another smoking thread hijack, just a suggestion why the Obs Lounge is now so popular in the evenings.

Edited by RustyRollock

I suspect the new and long overdue smoking ban after 8pm in the Obs Lounge makes a huge difference. Just one person lighting up could empty the place in 5mins flat back in the day.

Edit: This is NOT yet another smoking thread hijack, just a suggestion why the Obs Lounge is now so popular in the evenings.

Smoking is banned completely (all day) in the Obs Lounge. The only two spots on the entire ship where people can smoke are outside: deck 9 Mast Bar starboard side and deck 7 Square starboard side. That said, my neighbors keep smoking on their balcony and Seabourn isn't doing anything about it - despite the new policy [emoji853]

my neighbors keep smoking on their balcony and Seabourn isn't doing anything about it - despite the new policy [emoji853']

Does Seabourn know that your neighbors have been smoking in their balcony?

Also deck 5, yes Nelson is still on board....a shadow of his former self he runs up the stairs carrying his trays

Any questions about anything I will endeavor to find answers for you I'm on until Fort Lauderdale

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes Nelson is still on board; he runs the Mast Bar from 12 noon to 6 pm and covers for others' breaks all over the ship during the evenings.

Antonio is behind the bar in The Club.

Yes, I've spoken with 'The Square' about the balcony smoking issue.

Floris

"Yes Nelson is still on board; he runs the Mast Bar from 12 noon to 6 pm"

Where is this "Mast Bar"? I don't see it on the deck plans. Am I missing something?

"yes Nelson is still on board....a shadow of his former self"

Can you expand on "shadow of his former self"? Nelson was on our fist Seabourn cruise some years ago. Thank you.

Has the ship staff followed up on your complaint, and is the smoking issue still ongoing?

Yes - they have but there isn't much they can do because I don't know from which balcony the smoke is coming. It's annoying though as it happened again 4 times this afternoon.

The only other minor irritant is the dress code. I would love to wear jeans to The Restaurant but I don't; out of respect for others I stick to the dress code. Many other passengers however do not. Jeans, even ripped jeans, sneakers - it's all allowed into the dining room. I had a chat with the Restaurant Manager along the lines of "Can I wear jeans as well, or are you going to enforce the dress code?" but that didn't result in any changes. They've clearly chosen not to enforce the dress code on Quest.

Floris

Yes - they have but there isn't much they can do because I don't know from which balcony the smoke is coming. It's annoying though as it happened again 4 times this afternoon.

Floris

I see. I had initially thought the smoke was coming from your immediate neighbors, so you could identify the source. In this case, perhaps they can at least reinfoce the "no smoking on balcony" policy via the Seabourn Herald and/or verbal reminders by the CD after a show, for instance.

I've asked the question in the past (quite a while ago) but are Seabourn still doing the complimentary Tote bags they leave in the suite? Just asking what with cut backs in certain areas wasn't sure...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, free small branded tote bag, usually one per suite a few days into the cruise at evening turn down.