dinner on Odyssey

mariamva2

There is the main dining room, restaurant 2 which needs to be booked and is a several course tasting menu and the Colonnade which alternates between TK and 'regional' fare - Italian, Indian, Greek etc plus when we were onboard last year, after shopping with the chef there was a speciality chef's market buffet which was amazing. And room service of course.

Remember that depending on when you cruise R2 will have been converted to TK Grill and you will be limited to a certain number of bookings per cruise (that number will vary by the length of the cruise). Once you have booked your quota you can get on the wait list.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are not guaranteed a R2 booking - as far as I know - it is first come, first served for reservations. But we have never had a problem getting a reservation and often people book and cancel - some people don't like it, others swear by it. We like it once or twice as the atmosphere is fine dining and less hectic from the MDR, but you need to like the menu which is eclectic.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's best book R2 as soon as you board, is there a way to find out what the menu is for the night you are booking? Our first time on the Odyssey next Sat and I'm unclear how it works! The documents don't say which night is formal either - would prefer not to miss the MDR on that might. Or the Chef's dinner I have heard about.

Thanks for any advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Usually the second night onboard is formal and the captains welcome aboard. You can go to Seabourn Square to inquire about the menus in R2 for the week and then decide which ones you like. Welcome aboard and have a great cruise.

If you are interested in R2, do book as soon as you get on board. But it will not necessarily be in high demand because it is not the cup of tea for everyone. In fact, on our long cruise, there were many nights when R2 was almost empty and the servers were encouraging PAX to give it a try.

I second the idea of going to the Square soon after boarding - we were complacent on our last trip on Sojourn, and left it until half way through the cruise, when we were told everything had been booked up on the first day, with waiting lists! Two is very small, and the menu varies from little tasting plates for each course to something more 'normal'. Worth trying once, though, and you should be able to find out what is on when, as well as in the dining room, where you might not want to miss the Chef's dinner if they have one, or the formal nights.

I second the idea of going to the Square soon after boarding - we were complacent on our last trip on Sojourn, and left it until half way through the cruise, when we were told everything had been booked up on the first day, with waiting lists! Two is very small, and the menu varies from little tasting plates for each course to something more 'normal'. Worth trying once, though, and you should be able to find out what is on when, as well as in the dining room, where you might not want to miss the Chef's dinner if they have one, or the formal nights.

We only have a week - seems like a longer cruise is in order, to fit everything in and not miss out! Next time.... :)

I have never know SWTC to take place on embarkation day. And the only place where I have ever done it in the Caribbean was Bridgetown, Barbados -- one of my least favorite markets.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I guess what I meant was that he may just go by himself that day as it's a more developed island with better provisions - and there might not be a SWTC as the islands we are visiting are not likely to be good places to stock up (St. Barts, St. Kitts, Guadeloupe, Jost Van Dyke etc.) - sorry for confusion! I agree Bridgetown does not have a great market.