Crystal Mozart - Mark Farris Entertainment Host

ClefsDor

Those of you who have sailed on Crystal's ocean ships may be familiar with the very talented entertainer Mark Farris. I was super excited to find out that Mark will be the Entertainment Host on our Crystal Mozart cruise over Easter. There go the early nights I was planning on :D. For those of you who are on this cruise and who haven't seen Mark perform, you'll be in for a treat! Counting down the days until we depart for Vienna!

Which cruise is this? We are on the Danube cruise embarking April 12. I assume that is what you are referring to. We met Mark last fall and loved him. This is exciting news.

Yes, Scottjeanne it is the April 12 cruise. Hope to meet you on board! Also just as an fyi we got our cruise documents the other day and I contacted the Mozart concierge for a map of the docking location as I know a lot of passengers last year had trouble finding the dock. I was informed they are trying to change the dock location and they would let us know as soon as it was confirmed. I am hoping this means they may be able to dock somewhere not as remote and a little easier to find.

Does anyone know how long Mark will be onboard the Mozart? We are booked on two B2B May voyages. It would be great to sail with Mark! :)

As for docking location, it appears that the Mozart did not have stacked docking in Vienna in 2016. If the Mozart is docked in a new location with the other riverboats, it would likely be stacked docking.

The issue with the 2016 docking location is no other ship was using that pier which is why all the cabs did not know where the Mozart was.

Interestingly the Mozart had to move along the river to where Uniworld and Viking were docked to take on fresh water and empty waste. Its dock as no facilities other than somewhere for the coaches to park. It is a shorter walk to the subway station along the river.

I was very surprised when the boat casted off on the final night of the cruise at midnight. When I woke up in the morning, we were back to the origianl remote pier.

Edited by JohnKen3

• 2 weeks later...

Neal Fullerton is an excellent alternate to Mark Farris. We had a great time with him over Christmas on the Mozart.

The role on board the river boats and yacht is that of entertainer cum host. Neal makes the time during the day to chat to guests making them feel welcomed and part of the family.

Looks like Neal got a three month contract from Crystal which he wanted - great. He is on from May to July. Charlie James then takes over. I get him in Sep. Have to look him up.

Looks like Mark Farris is scheduled to be back on the Mozart from mid-Oct to the Christmas cruise when the season ends. Wonder if this will change since I would have thought Crystal would like the get Mark on the Mahler which has its inaugural cruise at the very end of September.

Edited by JohnKen3

Neal Fullerton is an excellent alternate to Mark Farris. We had a great time with him over Christmas on the Mozart.

The role on board the river boats and yacht is that of entertainer cum host. Neal makes the time during the day to chat to guests making them feel welcomed and part of the family.

Based on your blog I knew that Neal would be a great alternative to Mark. It is nice to have some variety in entertainers too.