Diamond Princess Drydock

Wyuna1

Sailing on Diamond Princess early 2018 and was wondering if anyone has an idea if there are any proposed changes or is it it just a regular drydock for general maintainence?

I was told just a regular grease and oil change.;p

I am hoping at least new carpet and paint as I am told it is looking tired.

Some areas sorely need it. I was on her in January and have never seen a Princess ship look so 'tatty'.

We too are sailing on her in October, I would think they would want to make her look shiny new because of the market they are attracting. Just changing carpeting in a few restaurants and not the whole ship including cabins does not seem like a good move.

We too are sailing on her in October and been reading for well over a year how she is the most run down of all the Princess ships. I definitely hope to hear updates of them doing a lot mroe refurbishments on this Dry Dock.

I was onboard last month for 16 nights.

Although I noticed some wear and tear there wasn't anything I saw which detracted from my enjoyment onboard.

My cabin had the most efficient airconditioner and refrigerator I have ever had. Also the plumbing didn't miss a beat.

These are the most important items for me.

I was happy enough to book another cruise on her later this year.

Whether or not she was going into dry dock made no difference for me; I just hope they don't alter the main items which worked so very well.

Having been on "flubalump" number of cruises with everyone from Thomson to Oceania, it never fails to amaze me how some ships "miss" areas requiring treatment. The Beloved is very susceptable to noise and always hears the tip tap of the hammer when paint is being removed for a repaint, it is never near our cabin. I have forgotten how many times on P&O/Princess I have looked at portions of rust and decay around the ships, they never seem to be repaired. But Hey ho we ill find out in October, as we will be spending 24 days on the Diamond steaming around Japan and adjacent areas.clear.png?emoji-halo-1683

Flublump is 76 with more to come.

• 1 year later...

Just arrived back in Singapore after a 10 day Asia cruise.

Diamond is hurting for certain. Worst shape I've ever seen as an elite passenger with them.

Good  service!

I made a video of all the things that were in need of repair but will not post it....