Celebrating Easter with Princess!

AngryKing

When cruising with Princess during the Easter holiday, what are some of the ways that Princess celebrates? Perhaps they don't really, but if so what can guests expect?

Each time we have cruised during Easter we have been fortunate to have had a Priest on board so we have started off the day with Mass. The ships have always been nicely decorated in the public areas as the previous poster has shown in his pics.

We were on the Island 2 years ago for Easter. They had afternoon "games" and people earned tix for prizes. Of course they also special decorations throughout ship and several different denominational services.

Two years ago the cruise director had a church service ( nondenominational ) which was truly beautiful - we will be on the Royal this year for Easter and I am hoping we can have the same...

eclue:cool:

We're travelling on the Golden Princess over Easter with my 84 year old father who is a retired minister. He's heard that Princess like to involve people such as him in services when on board. Should he let them know when he boards that he'd like to be involved or offer his services?

Our 14 year old daughter is asking whether there'll be an easter egg hunt and is wanting us to bring our own chocolate eggs - but I imagine they'll end up crushed before they get to the cabin! Do people usually bring eggs for Easter?

We're travelling on the Golden Princess over Easter with my 84 year old father who is a retired minister. He's heard that Princess like to involve people such as him in services when on board. Should he let them know when he boards that he'd like to be involved or offer his services?

Yes.

Contact the Cruise Director once you are on board.

Our 14 year old daughter is asking whether there'll be an easter egg hunt and is wanting us to bring our own chocolate eggs - but I imagine they'll end up crushed before they get to the cabin! Do people usually bring eggs for Easter?

You could always bring the eggs on as part of your carry on if you are not flying in. Your cabin will be ready as soon as you board so you will be able to drop them off straight away once you get on. Either that or pick them up on your first port visit but I think you are doing a South Pacific island cruise so I am not sure what the selection would be like?

I am bringing collapsible Easter baskets and plastic candy filled eggs to hide in the cabin my grandkids will be in when we travel this Easter. Did it two years ago and the grandkids loved it! Making fun memories - they grow up so fast.