Feb 28 Royal Princess picture heavy review

nbsjcruiser

I agree as well. We did it last year and are doing it again next! Lucky us.

And THANKS for the filter tip. I've been curios as to how to get those colors without software! I admit that I didn't look hard, but you spoon fed me the answer. Thanks for the review (refreshes some great memories) and the lens filter tip (I just ordered mine today!)

It is a great itinerary - I was hoping we could do the other 10 day that goes to Barbados but man the prices for 2018 are through the roof right now so we've booked something else.

You'll be amazed at the job the polarising filter does for your camera. A couple of tips on that. After you screw it on over your lens you will be rotating it around as you look through the viewfinder. You'll see the colors change, reflections disappear and so on so just keep rotating until you get the look you want. If the sun is directly in front of you or directly in back of you, the filter will have no effect - but that's easily avoided most times.

A note about post processing software. I do sharpen my images and adjust levels using Gimp - a freely available graphics editor. I have a book by a well known photographer (Scott Kelby) who says every digital photo should be sharpened and he's right. When you sharpen a digital photo the difference is noticeable - it pops.

For example, look at this picture that has had nothing done to it:

33315358350_7b69ac29cb_b.jpg

Now look at it after it has been sharpened and has had a levels adjustment made to it:

32765818423_b3407a6bf5_b.jpg

For anyone who wants to learn a little more about editing photographs and learning how to make them look a bit better I'd highly recommend Scott Kelby's book "The Photoshop Book"

awesome review and pictures. I'm going on this cruise in November.

Did you remember to ask your wife about the tour in Bonaire?

You mentioned that you just booked it when you got off the ship?:)

Unfortunately neither one of us can remember. Its not hard to miss though. As soon as you leave the immediate dock area you'll see 6-8 tour operators all under tents selling tours. It was one of those groups.

We used Bonaire Vista Tours. They were great. I think it was $35 for a 3 1/2 hour tour. We pre-booked but I think they also have a booth at the end of the pier to fill tours that are not sold out. If you want a snorkel tour Woodwinds is excellent but sells out months in advance.

We were on this cruise with you��

So happy to relive our great memories through your wonderful photos! Loved this ship and the stops. Our favorite excursion was the Seacow snorkel in Bonaire.

Thanks for posting!

Glad you enjoyed the review.

Thanks for the great pictures. The quality or resolution of the pics was fantastic.

We were on the same cruise and itinerary.

We enjoyed Dominica and Grenada the most. Would highly recommend

John

Nbsjcruiser,

Wanted to say thanks again! My wife recently purchased a DLSR camera (Nikon D7200) so hopefully we can get some nice shots in too on our upcoming cruise on Royal.

Glad you enjoyed the review. Pick up a polarising filter for that camera and it will improve the outdoor pictures like you wouldn't believe. Enjoy that nice camera.