Princess app

jagsfan

I had the Princess At Sea app on my iPhone, but deleted it.

Now I can't find it in the App Store.

Does it still exist? Do zi have to install it on the ship?

And wasn't there a Princess Messenger?

Can't remember if we could text each other while cruising, check events on the ship, etc.

we like alternating RCCL and Princess, but it does scramble my brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I had the Princess At Sea app on my iPhone, but deleted it.

Now I can't find it in the App Store.

Does it still exist? Do zi have to install it on the ship?

And wasn't there a Princess Messenger?

Can't remember if we could text each other while cruising, check events on the ship, etc.

we like alternating RCCL and Princess, but it does scramble my brain.

There is no app now, it loads when you sign in onboard.

The only advantage of the app is that it was supposed to provide a push notification when you got a message. As Keith said above, it was discontinued when Princess made it so you just create an account onboard and use it without an app. Of course there is no push notification...

Aha!

Thanks for the replies.

DH wanders all over the ship so I need a way to reach him. A free way!

When the new Medallion Class is active you may not be able to reach him but you will be able to see where he is... :D

Yes. Now when you open the an Internet browser on a Princess ship- you default to the Princess@Sea site. There is no charge unless you log into the Internet. You will be able to access the schedule, the message feature, and your onboard spending account without using precious Internet minutes.

Just looked. I still have the app on my phone. I was getting ready for my next cruise when I got the app but, by the time the cruise rolled around, the app was no longer needed. Guess it's time to delete the thing.

• 2 months later...
When the new Medallion Class is active you may not be able to reach him but you will be able to see where he is... :D

Medallion is supposed to enable other notifications, maybe they can make messenger notifications work with it.

Yes. Now when you open the an Internet browser on a Princess ship- you default to the Princess@Sea site. There is no charge unless you log into the Internet. You will be able to access the schedule, the message feature, and your onboard spending account without using precious Internet minutes.

Should my phone me in airplane mode ?

Buy him a walkie talkie, they are very reasonable.

long cruiser

I have a set of FRS radios that I'll be bringing on my next cruise.

I turn off the "roger beep" feature and leave the vibrating alert on. The "roger beep" feature is annoying to others, not necessarily to myself, so I leave it off when on a cruise. The vibrating alert is all I need to have to let me know that somebody wants to get ahold of me, and vice versa.

We sure will use the Princess messenger, but because it doesn't offer push notifications it isn't super great for getting ahold of people are giving them information for immediate use.

Keep in mind that even consumer 2-way radios might not be powerful enough to get from the very top front of the ship to the very bottom aft. With the quantity of steel in a ship, it makes for a pretty effective Faraday cage and can have negative effects on radio propagation.

Just looked. I still have the app on my phone. I was getting ready for my next cruise when I got the app but, by the time the cruise rolled around, the app was no longer needed. Guess it's time to delete the thing.

Hi Thrak,

Don't delete the app we will be able to communicate with one another on the Rowboat using the app. :D

The Captain of the Rowboat,

Tony