Aft balcony cabin on the Escape

schwaja3

I cruised on the GEM a few years back and was able to get an Aft balcony. If was the best cabin I've ever had. Looking to do one on the Escape next.

Does anyone have any recommendations for which floor/cabin I want to get? I don't want the be where people above can look down at us from the railings, hoping for some privacy. Also don't want to deal with noise from the early breakfast crowd scrapping chairs or the late night disco music pounding away every night.

Thanks for your help!!

Deck 9 has the largest aft balconies followed closely by Deck 12. You'd be able to fit lounge chairs plus some standard chairs and a table without any issue on those two levels. Plus you're away from the noise of Spice H20 above you.

...but, more than likely, people will be able to look down and see you on deck 9 as well. It's a catch 22 - to be away from the noise of public spaces you have to go down, but because of the shape of the stern of the ship, the rooms stack so that each higher room looks down on the one below.

...but, more than likely, people will be able to look down and see you on deck 9 as well. It's a catch 22 - to be away from the noise of public spaces you have to go down, but because of the shape of the stern of the ship, the rooms stack so that each higher room looks down on the one below.

That's not really correct. The only way to be seen is if you are all the way by the railing at the edge of the balcony.

IMG_1363_zpsky5ffzt5.jpg

While on the balcony (sitting in a chair, for ex.), you won't be seen from above.

Better pictures HERE and HERE.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

We had deck 9, it is very private. And HUGE!

There is a thread that lists which decks on Escape/Getaway have the largest afts - they vary tremendously.

Also note that the higher ones are subject to noise from the night time parties where the Serenity deck is.

I also suggest going to Google or YouTube and search for aft balcony on escape. You will see size of some balconies on different floors. We are going on Escape Nov 2018 and booked an aft balcony on deck 12. I didn't choose deck 9 because I personally don't like how tunnel like it is. Some may love that and the size but it isn't for me.