MSC Magnifica to offer a more British experience for Southampton sailings

Beamafar

MSC have just announced that MSC Magnifica will be based in Southampton for a whole season in 2018 with a very special twist.

Not only will she be completing a season of Southampton sailings from April, but she’ll also be newly fitted out with a kettle in every cabin. And better yet, cruisers will have the chance to vote on the brand of kettle that they’d like to see in every cabin to make sure their favourite brand is on-board!

The Magnifica will be sailing on a mix of Mediterranean and Northern Europe itineraries based on the feedback of UK cruisers. The ship has 5 gourmet restaurants, 12 bars and 5 different kids and teen club venues as well as the award winning MSC Aurea Spa.

The sailings will also offer special British touches such as roast dinners on the menu, afternoon tea and British craft drinks such as John Smith beer and Guinness available in the bar.

The 2500 passenger ship is also even more accessible as many itineraries can be paired with port parking, regional flights or coach transfers. The 22 sailing dates will also be all inclusive on drinks and wi-fi on-board!

Antonio Paradiso, MD of MSC Cruises for the UK & Ireland said “We have carefully considered all the feedback from the UK market and have created a cruise package to suit the needs of British guests. In addition I have personally handpicked the itineraries based on my conversations with agents and hope that the bespoke itineraries, coupled with the fabulous all-inclusive beverage and Wi-Fi offer will create the perfect holiday experience for the British market.”

• 10 months later...
Oops :'):')

My dear old Dad was a Dubliner.....he wouldn’t be impressed ;):)

My DH worked in James's Gate before retiring (early) - as did his father before him. It's one of the most quintessential Irish brands there is!

We're kinda used to the Brits taking credit for anything good out of Ireland (just listen to BBC commentary claiming Irish athletes as British when they're doing well LOL) so we can forgive the Italians, who are even less aware that dear old Ireland is another country! :D

MSC have just announced that MSC Magnifica will be based in Southampton for a whole season in 2018 with a very special twist.

Not only will she be completing a season of Southampton sailings from April, but she’ll also be newly fitted out with a kettle in every cabin. And better yet, cruisers will have the chance to vote on the brand of kettle that they’d like to see in every cabin to make sure their favourite brand is on-board!

The Magnifica will be sailing on a mix of Mediterranean and Northern Europe itineraries based on the feedback of UK cruisers. The ship has 5 gourmet restaurants, 12 bars and 5 different kids and teen club venues as well as the award winning MSC Aurea Spa.

The sailings will also offer special British touches such as roast dinners on the menu, afternoon tea and British craft drinks such as John Smith beer and Guinness available in the bar.

The 2500 passenger ship is also even more accessible as many itineraries can be paired with port parking, regional flights or coach transfers. The 22 sailing dates will also be all inclusive on drinks and wi-fi on-board!

Antonio Paradiso, MD of MSC Cruises for the UK & Ireland said “We have carefully considered all the feedback from the UK market and have created a cruise package to suit the needs of British guests. In addition I have personally handpicked the itineraries based on my conversations with agents and hope that the bespoke itineraries, coupled with the fabulous all-inclusive beverage and Wi-Fi offer will create the perfect holiday experience for the British market.”

Thanks for the info.We will be cruising on Sept 1 embarking in Hamburg.Looking forward to a different cruising experience.

Hi all,

I am headed on this ship (R/T from Hamburg) on April 7.... after reading this I’m a bit nervous for rough seas.... I’ve honestly never tracked weather for impact on seas... any advice on either how to find out?

...any advice on either how to find out?

A cruise from Hamburg to Southampton, Le Havre, Zeebruge, and Amsterdam will pass through German Bight, Humber, Thames, Dover, and Wight. Currently, all of those areas are 'rough or very rough', which is the seventh level of the ten-level sea state code.

Of course, in the thirty-seven days between now and your cruise, all that will change hugely. But the above links will continue to keep you informed.

I wouldn't worry too much about rough seas, yes of course you can be unlucky but chances are you won't be. We are doing 7 nights from Southampton on 23rd April. We've been from Southampton twice before in late April/early May to Le Havre, Amsterdam and Zeebrugge and had fairly calm seas both times, we also did a repositioning from Harwich to Oslo around this time of year with only slightly rough seas.

Our roughest cruises have been returning to New York from the Caribbean and a couple of times in the Med in Autumn.

Julie

A cruise from Hamburg to Southampton, Le Havre, Zeebruge, and Amsterdam will pass through German Bight, Humber, Thames, Dover, and Wight. Currently, all of those areas are 'rough or very rough', which is the seventh level of the ten-level sea state code.

Of course, in the thirty-seven days between now and your cruise, all that will change hugely. But the above links will continue to keep you informed.

Thank you, samshltn! I'm bookmarking these links so I can take a look when June rolls around. Several in my family have been afflicted with seasickness in the past, so it will be good to know what we're getting into.