Carnival Breeze Steak House

EnKSA

Hey guys. Long time member here, but i completely forgot my username and password from before, so i created a new account. I have been on 7 cruises and am going on my 8th in a couple of weeks on the Carnival Breeze! So excited.

In the past few years i unfortunately went through a divorce, but am happy to say that through all the pain, uncertainty and personal growth, i managed to find my soulmate. It is never too late for that!

We had a quick, family only courthouse wedding in March and plan on doing an onboard ceremony on the Breeze with a group of our closest friends and family. She has never been on a cruise before, so i get the added bonus of introducing her to all the fun!

Ok...backstory aside...we wanted to book the steakhouse to treat all of our guests to a nice dinner, preferably on the day of our ceremony. I am having all sorts of trouble getting this done apparently. I figured if i reserved it this far out, it should be no problem getting accommodated...i was wrong. What makes it a bit more frustrating is that i get next to nothing in the responses from the Steakhouse staff. My original request for 14 on the Monday of our cruise was just flat denied and they suggested i book for March 17th...Well honey, its already March 28th...so thats obviously not going to work. I stressed that we would prefer 730 on a sea day. I got another canned response, completely ignoring my request again and the offer of 530 on one of our two port days. There is no way we are going to be able to go on an excursion all day, get back to the ship, dressed and to the steakhouse by 530...who eats dinner that early anyway? Ugh!

Trying not to get too frustrated, but I am kind of annoyed they aren't being a little more accommodating...at least offer some empathy or something in the replies. Not just the cut and paste canned stuff. We are spending a small fortune on drink packages, weddings, pictures, etc...cmon now! Im far from a demanding person, i am pretty flexible...but i feel like I'm dealing with a robot.

So...my question to the group is. Do you have any suggestions on how to get this done more efficiently? Should i wait to reserve it until we get onboard? Email or call someone else? Am i just stuck with what they offer?

Thanks! Glad to be back on cruise critic again!

Purely speculation on my part but I imagine 7:30 reservations are hard to come by for any sized group and especially a large one.

It's a small venue. I would be surprised if it seats more than 70 guests. They obviously hope to serve two settings each evening for a dinner that takes about two hours.

6:00 and 6:30 reservations won't have finished by 7:30.

You might try e-mailing the maitre 'de asking when your group could be accommodated then you would have the choice to accept or decline.

Congratulations on your wedding. I can't think of a better place to celebrate than on the Breeze.

Purely speculation on my part but I imagine 7:30 reservations are hard to come by for any sized group and especially a large one.

It's a small venue. I would be surprised if it seats more than 70 guests. They obviously hope to serve two settings each evening for a dinner that takes about two hours.

6:00 and 6:30 reservations won't have finished by 7:30.

You might try e-mailing the maitre 'de asking when your group could be accommodated then you would have the choice to accept or decline.

Congratulations on your wedding. I can't think of a better place to celebrate than on the Breeze.

Good points. I guess the real frustration is very little interaction from, what i assume is the maitre 'de of the steak house. I explicitly said i would like a sea day, later than 530, first i get a suggestion for a date that happened almost 10 days ago...lol...then i get another suggestion for port days at 530. I am open to almost all other suggestions. Even port days at...7ish...that would be my last choice, but at least its close and shows that they are trying...you know?

Perhaps they are just already booked up? I guess if i was running a restaurant, i would LOVE to get a big reservation well in advance. Would make planning for that night so much easier.

Edit: Thank you for the congratulations btw! Steakhouse or no, we are going to have a blast. I just wanted to buy everyone a nice dinner as a thank you for coming with us to celebrate!

Well, crisis averted. I got a reply back from Irena, the steakhouse manager. It looks like we are booked now for the 12th (which is a port day, but oh well) at 830pm. We at least got one of our requirements. Hopefully everyone won't be too worn out to attend.

The only sea day they could accommodate was the last Saturday...Apparently the Steakhouse is already prebooked two weeks out. That is surprising to me.

Well, crisis averted. I got a reply back from Irena, the steakhouse manager. It looks like we are booked now for the 12th (which is a port day, but oh well) at 830pm. We at least got one of our requirements. Hopefully everyone won't be too worn out to attend.

The only sea day they could accommodate was the last Saturday...Apparently the Steakhouse is already prebooked two weeks out. That is surprising to me.

My breeze cruise a couple years ago, I couldn't get a reservation for a party of 6

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Glad you got something that works for you. Happy sailing.

Don't forget........a lot of people book the steakhouse the first and second night for the "free" bottle of "house" wine.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's fully booked already.

We have had ours booked for our June cruise for 6 months.:')

It should be remembered that the venue man seat 60 or so people but they can not accommodate that many at one time. The area that the food is prepare in is tiny. They can only take a reservation for a very few in each time slot.

My guess is the OP request of 16 would be at the maximum so if they already had a booking confirmed, those choice times of 7:00 or 7:30 would not be available.

BTW, I am one of those that books my steakhouse 6 months in advance. And on a sea day the 5:30 is perfect. Sleep late and have a big breakfast and then skip lunch and be starving for the Steakhouse. By starting at 5:30 we are finished and ready for a show at 7:30.

Congrats on your wedding OP!! And I am glad that you were accommodated for your group at the Steakhouse (even if not your first preference). In response to your post about why another poster may not have been able to get their party of 6 in for a seating....many people make their reservations several months in advance. I made mine about 4 months in advance. If there are no tables left, then even if they "want the money", there is nothing that they can do because the tables are taken. I hope you have a fantastic wedding, cruise and celebration!! Enjoy :D

Wow, looks like i way under estimated people's pre planning!

Glad we got it booked regardless and I am super excited. The next 12 days are going to go by sooooo slow...and then of course the cruise will be gone before i blink twice :(

Ill try and post a review if i can, although i don't think I'm bringing a camera this time.

Two weeks? Lmao months in advance. I booked over five months ahead and could not get the exact night and time I wanted. It's how popular the Steakhouse option is and for very good reason.