Bringing alcohol on board embarking in Dubai

Maksim

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Policies on what you can bring on board depends on the ship. so check with your cruise co. I know thompson allowed booze for cabin use. there is a duty free area at the port (term 2), but it was very small and the booze on sale was very limited. Use the Dubai airport if you can. Good prices there!

Bahrain port was the cheapest post for tobacco, but booze was cheapest on board thomson itself.

Abu dhabi port also had a decent shop, but forget oman there were useless.

• 7 months later...
Our cruise allows us to bring on as much of whatever alcohol we like for consumption in the cabin or at dinner by paying a corkage fee. Other than the airport, any suggestions for places to purchase spirits in Dubai or Abu Dhabi? Thanks.

As a visitor there is nowhere other than the airport duty free arrivals store, or the port if there is a store, where you can buy alcohol. The purchase of alcohol within the UAE is restricted to residents who must have a license to purchase and it is only available from designated outlets..

Anne...

As a visitor there is nowhere other than the airport duty free arrivals store, or the port if there is a store, where you can buy alcohol. The purchase of alcohol within the UAE is restricted to residents who must have a license to purchase and it is only available from designated outlets..

Anne...

Thanks Anne. That is just what we needed to know. So if we have a guide/driver with an alcohol license would they would be able to purchase for us at the designated places?

Thanks Anne. That is just what we needed to know. So if we have a guide/driver with an alcohol license would they would be able to purchase for us at the designated places?

Don't count on that.

If your guide/driver is Muslim, he will not be permitted to buy alcohol.

Non Muslim guides would be highly unlikely use their alcohol permit to buy booze for a stranger.

BRING YOUR STUFF FROM HOME OR BUY WHAT YOU NEED AT THE AIRPORT ON ARRIVAL.

Don't count on that.

If your guide/driver is Muslim, he will not be permitted to buy alcohol.

Non Muslim guides would be highly unlikely use their alcohol permit to buy booze for a stranger.

BRING YOUR STUFF FROM HOME OR BUY WHAT YOU NEED AT THE AIRPORT ON ARRIVAL.

I agree with the above post....

Anne...

I agree with the above post....

Anne...

We are following your advice and will buy at Dubai airport when we arrive prior to taking a taxi to Abu Dhabi which is our embarkation port. However we have friends flying directly to Abu Dhabi and I'm wondering if there is duty free either at the Abu Dhabi airport or port.- that they will be able to use.

Thanks

We are following your advice and will buy at Dubai airport when we arrive prior to taking a taxi to Abu Dhabi which is our embarkation port. However we have friends flying directly to Abu Dhabi and I'm wondering if there is duty free either at the Abu Dhabi airport or port.- that they will be able to use.

Thanks

It's been a while since I used Abu Dhabi airport but it is a major hub these days so I'm pretty sure they also have duty free available in arrivals....

Anne..