Davina buffet question

teachv

I have seen several posts about the buffet being crazy crowded during peak times. What is considered peak times for breakfast and lunch do you think ?

Not sure about the times, but I think the buffet is fine if you just don't enter from the pool area and look for a table right there. The buffet wraps around the entire aft of the ship and the food choices mostly repeat numerous times. If possible enter from the very aft elevator area and you should have no trouble finding tables. Been on her twice and it's probably my favorite buffet of the 4 cruiselines we've been on.

I have seen several posts about the buffet being crazy crowded during peak times. What is considered peak times for breakfast and lunch do you think ?

We went last June and it seems as though the buffet is always at peek time (really early will be your best bet....if you go between 8-10 good luck it will be crazy) But we could always find a table even if we had to look around for a few minutes. We actually had less success toward the front of the ship, but that was just us.

This year we are going to order room service in the mornings and eat a light breakfast in the room with our coffee while we get ready. Then we will to to the buffet later and hopefully it will have a better outcome.

But either way it will not ruin our vacation.....unlike other people who it seems to have.

Buffet being crowded can be a good thing. It means fresh food is constantly being replenished from the kitchen. Last thing you want is eating old dry up food that has been sitting around for more than half an hour.

• 1 month later...
can anyone tell me if the have smoked salmon (lox) on the breakfast buffet? Bagels, and cream cheese?

They do not have salmon. Msc serves smoked herring in place of salmon (at least they did on both my sailings). I didn't like it. I'm sure others do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do not have salmon. Msc serves smoked herring in place of salmon (at least they did on both my sailings). I didn't like it. I'm sure others do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go to the dining room for breakfast - salmon is available every day :)

What are the hours that the buffet is open for each meal?

the buffet is open most of the day - times will be in the daily planner. The food available changes throughout the day.

Early birds breakfast starts at 6am and continues until about 10am then there are morning tea items followed by lunch items from about 11.45. Pizza , biscuits and snacks etc... available all day

The dining room is only open as specific times. Usually 12 - 2 for lunch and 7 -9 for breakfast

the buffet is open most of the day - times will be in the daily planner. The food available changes throughout the day.

Early birds breakfast starts at 6am and continues until about 10am then there are morning tea items followed by lunch items from about 11.45. Pizza , biscuits and snacks etc... available all day

The dining room is only open as specific times. Usually 12 - 2 for lunch and 7 -9 for breakfast

Great, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Be open to asking to share a table with open seats. We met wonderful people from all over the world doing this. Conversations were sometimes limited but we always managed to communicate and make a new friend. Then when you pass them on the ship later you can smile and nod.

Be open to asking to share a table with open seats. We met wonderful people from all over the world doing this. Conversations were sometimes limited but we always managed to communicate and make a new friend. Then when you pass them on the ship later you can smile and nod.

This is always what we do if we can't find a table and yes it's great to meet new people. Good tip TLG.

Just back from a week on Divina. We never had an issue finding a seat in the buffet. The further you walk back the more seats available. We loved sitting in the back end next to the window with a great ocean view, hardly ever anyone back there. We were there during peak times, never a seat issue.

But the food was cold, especially breakfast. Less choices then other lines we've cruised. Not impressed with buffet food.

Buffet being crowded can be a good thing. It means fresh food is constantly being replenished from the kitchen. Last thing you want is eating old dry up food that has been sitting around for more than half an hour.

Your comment brought a smile to our face. I must say, you have travelled with fellow passengers that consume way less food than we have. I don't think I have ever seen buffet offerings last longer than a few minutes on the shelf. We can't remember our fellow passengers ever letting any food get stale.

Cheers.

I think most times the buffet can look as "crazy", specially just before going ashore, or just after large groups arriving from shore excursions. If you are not in a hurry, it will seem ok to you, the crowd will bother you less.

Cheers.