Port of Bahrain

steve006

Hi I have lived in Bahrain for 7 years.

Whilst the country is tiny, getting around can be a nightmare.

There are a few operators who provide ad hoc tour services.

There is not too much femand for this normally.

Because of often diabolical traffic, specially on Wednesday to Friday when the day trippers from Saudi Arabia arrive en masse, I STRONGLY recommend to bite the bullet and take a ships tour in Bahrain. If you are getting stuck with a private tour? You are in trouble.

Info for all.

Any tour you decide on should include a visit of the grand mosque.

Whilst it is not the biggest and most spectacular you will see in the gulf, the people there are very friendly and welcoming. They usually go out of their way to show you around. Even if you rock up unannounced, they usually find a guide to show you around and explain everything.

They are really keen and nice.

Afterwards you are usually presented with a copy of the Holy Quoran in your language. English, German, French etc are all on hand.

I mention this, because at many other destinations they begrudgingly let you look from the outside and may let you inside at very limited and restrictive hours, but they can seem very hostile towards non Muslims.

RESPECTFUL attire is a given at all places. Shoulders, knees etc should be covered. Don't show too much flesh! For ladies, bring a light scarf to cover your hair! In Bahrain they will lend you an Arabic Abaya to cover up and show you how to wrap a scarf. Nice for photos.

Hi everybody, im ready to answer any question about some excursion you can do from Safagaa port such as day trip to Luxor includes visit to Valley of the Kings, Hatshipsut temple, Karnak temples and Luxor temple. Please feel free to ask. Thanks

I think you may be at the wrong forum here, Mate!

:-)