Website issues

CruisingMom77

Almost got a heart attack. I tried to pull up our booking but only received an error message about missing mandatory info. Called msc the agent said everything was good. We are paid in full and have already received our edocs for our cruise in april. When I typed in my user name and password the booking came up but couldn't get to it by entering my booking number and first and last name.

Almost got a heart attack. I tried to pull up our booking but only received an error message about missing mandatory info. Called msc the agent said everything was good. We are paid in full and have already received our edocs for our cruise in april. When I typed in my user name and password the booking came up but couldn't get to it by entering my booking number and first and last name.

That's great news, because when it happened to me they basically told me "sorry". And because it was a planned trip for my birthday with other travelers I ended up having to book a room at double what i originally paid, based upon what was available once I discovered the error, in order to not miss the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSC has me under "SEAN O" and "Sean O" and for some reason I can't book excursions under either. Definitely frustrating.

I've called them to iron out details, and they're generally a just a little more helpful than Carnival. Especially if you are a Voyagers Club member.

Cruising Mom77, not to fret! As long as your PCC can find your record and you have your edocs you are fine.

The MSC website is atrocious and was a constant source of frustration throughout my pre-cruise process.

Relax and enjoy getting ready for your well deserved vacation.

• 3 weeks later...
Had the same problem too (still am). Opening the website in Internet Explorer instead of Chrome fixes the issue. Hope it's temporary and hope they get this debacle of a website under control already.

I just started having the same issue. My normal browser is Chrome and the MSC website began giving me all sorts of hell. Switched to IE and it works fine, well, as fine as the MSC site normally works.

Unrelated complaint...

After booking a cruise I like to make small daily payments, $5-10 daily, on a cruise line's website. It's sort of a ritual that helps me stay focused on our upcoming holidays while at work. I was dumbfounded when I noticed that MSC does not allow payments smaller than the total balance due on their website. If I want to make a $10 payment I have to call the toll free number, wait on hold and then provide them with all my credit card information every single time. What a hassle, I can't believe how far their IT department is compared to the other major lines.

I found that even when I can not access the site on my computer because it just says booking errors, I can go to the website on my phone, click on view full site, then log in.... it comes up totally fine! Crazy!

My daughter's shows all crazy too, when I log in with her booking # or her login, it shows her booking confirmed, but her cabin assignment gone, and all things prebooked are marked as cancelled. I have called MSC on 3 different days to keep confirming all is ok with her reservation. Called again yesterday, we have the E-Docs, we sail Saturday. But totally freaked me out when I saw that over a week ago.

I agree...it's SO frustrating. I logged into my account and it shows I have the Bella experience yet I purchased the Fantastica. I wanted to explore spa options as well as food and beverage but when I tried, it shows me a blank page. Thanks for the advice of using a different browser, I'll try that.

I have 2 different prices on the website when I look up my booking. Called in thinking I might be getting a discount and nah, MSC wants me to pay the higher price. Guy says "you know how it is with technology these days" lol.

I have 2 different prices on the website when I look up my booking. Called in thinking I might be getting a discount and nah, MSC wants me to pay the higher price. Guy says "you know how it is with technology these days" lol.

OMG. I have the same issue. I called in several times, as no one was able to tell me why I would see that. They said probably a glitch. I was hoping for a discount too. But at the same I was freaking out that something was wrong. They kept saying that everything was fine. After a few attempts I got an agent who was able to explain why I saw two different amounts and the higher amount I paid is the actual fare that includes all port, cabin and etc. charges. He said a few people got upset as they were thinking their were being overcharged.

OMG. I have the same issue. I called in several times, as no one was able to tell me why I would see that. They said probably a glitch. I was hoping for a discount too. But at the same I was freaking out that something was wrong. They kept saying that everything was fine. After a few attempts I got an agent who was able to explain why I saw two different amounts and the higher amount I paid is the actual fare that includes all port, cabin and etc. charges. He said a few people got upset as they were thinking their were being overcharged.

The guy I talked to told me that too but then the math didn't add up for that either on my booking. Then he decided to be honest and just tell me he didn't know. He told me that he would have someone call me once they sorted it out. That was 4 days ago lol. Why in the world do they put different prices on there with no explanation and not expect people to call and complain? As for the "Personal Vacation Consultants" they are never available and never return emails or calls. I'm just hoping the cruise is a lot better.

The 4th person I talked to was able to explain it in a way that it even made sense and the numbers added up. Lol I signed in again today and now all looks good. One of the agents did mention a glitch though. Not sure. I hope the on board experience will be better.

For me, the MSC website has been one of the top 5 worst websites to navigate ever. I have cruised twice with MSC and can't figure out why they have not fixed their problems by now. It does not give cruisers a good first impression. I must say that the onboard experience is much better than what you would expect after dealing with all the frustrations in my opinion. Make sure to complete your web check in well ahead of time, maybe 2 months ahead if possible. Otherwise you might not get your travel documents before you sail, like what happened to me.

Do you guys know if it is easier to just go through a travel agent to avoid all the website/call center issues? I would assume that they have a different system to make reservations and maybe know the secrets to getting around the hassles of calling in for questions. I have heard great things about the actual cruise and would consider booking again at the great prices they offer, but really don't want to deal with their PVCs or whatever they call them and website

It is easier to book through a travel agent (sort of). Even though I used an agent, I was still required to use the MSC website for the web check-in. I did two back to back cruises. For my first cruise, there was no selection box next to the names of our two kids so I could not complete the web check-in for them. I had to deal with the MSC call centre to get this resolved. They did the web check-in by phone for me. However, I subsequently got an email from my travel agent saying I had not completed the web check-in, so I went back to the MSC website and I was finally able to select my kids during web check-in and then add some missing information that was not input by the call centre staff. For that first cruise, I never did receive the proper check-in documents by email, despite calling MSC and my travel agent several times and providing two different email addresses. In the end I was able to check in with my original booking invoice so it was not a problem. However, I had no way of knowing for sure this would be OK until we actually checked in. By the way, I was able to do the web check-in for our second cruise, and I received the travel documents by email well ahead of time.

It is easier to book through a travel agent (sort of). Even though I used an agent, I was still required to use the MSC website for the web check-in. I did two back to back cruises. For my first cruise, there was no selection box next to the names of our two kids so I could not complete the web check-in for them. I had to deal with the MSC call centre to get this resolved. They did the web check-in by phone for me. However, I subsequently got an email from my travel agent saying I had not completed the web check-in, so I went back to the MSC website and I was finally able to select my kids during web check-in and then add some missing information that was not input by the call centre staff. For that first cruise, I never did receive the proper check-in documents by email, despite calling MSC and my travel agent several times and providing two different email addresses. In the end I was able to check in with my original booking invoice so it was not a problem. However, I had no way of knowing for sure this would be OK until we actually checked in. By the way, I was able to do the web check-in for our second cruise, and I received the travel documents by email well ahead of time.
Wow, that first cruise experience sounds stressful. Thanks for the tip to get everything completed early.

The problem with booking via a travel agent is once they have made your booking MSC refuses to deal with them by phone and will only accept emails for further correspondence, if you ring MSC yourself you are told to contact the agent who made the booking.

Booking with MSC means they have to deal with you.

The problem with booking via a travel agent is once they have made your booking MSC refuses to deal with them by phone and will only accept emails for further correspondence, if you ring MSC yourself you are told to contact the agent who made the booking.

Booking with MSC means they have to deal with you.

I have to agree. I've booked both ways and have been frustrated that the cruise line wouldn't even confirm that my kids, staying in another cabin under a booking that was linked to ours, had been seated at the same dinner table as us. Travel agent was very slow to get around to asking for me. Also, if there's a problem once onboard, the cruise staff generally won't do much for you if you've used an independent travel agent. Bad experiences. I'll stick with booking through the cruise line directly for piece of mind.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

I was able to solve my Chrome browser issues with the MSC website by clearing my cache and cookies. Since that point however a new, even stranger, issue has popped up.

When I login with my email and password my booking is gone, that scared the crap out of me. Found my booking number and logged in using that in addition to my first and last name without any problems. The booking is there with the correct amount still owed. I then logged back out and attempted to log back in with just my email address and password, booking is gone again. Repeated logging in with my booking number, first and last name, no problems. What a screwed up, messy website.

I hope they operate their sailings with more competence than they do their website.

I was able to solve my Chrome browser issues with the MSC website by clearing my cache and cookies. Since that point however a new, even stranger, issue has popped up.

When I login with my email and password my booking is gone, that scared the crap out of me. Found my booking number and logged in using that in addition to my first and last name without any problems. The booking is there with the correct amount still owed. I then logged back out and attempted to log back in with just my email address and password, booking is gone again. Repeated logging in with my booking number, first and last name, no problems. What a screwed up, messy website.

I hope they operate their sailings with more competence than they do their website.

Same here. Had to clean cookies to get it work proper.