Triumph Opinions

I like Triumph enough to have sailed on it three times.

Once before the incident and twice since she came home to New Orleans.

On the good side, she sails from New Orleans.

Triumph has had some good upgrades.

It is big enough, but not too big.

And there are some deck chairs that are on the deck under the life boats that are a wonderful place to watch the horizon, read and fall asleep.

And I like that roof that closes over the swimming pool area in the winter.

On the negative side, it is not brand new.

But then neither is my house, or my car or me or most things in this world.

If everything was new there would be no vintage wine or shade trees or diamonds.

Sailed her last July 4th, 1st time cruiser and fell in love with cruising! Thought the ship was great, shows were really good, food good and trivia a blast! My family never found it overcrowded even on a sold out cruise! We got off of her and same day booked our next cruise to the Bahamas in May! Would sail on the Triumph again any day!

I didn't dislike the ship. However, I've never felt so much crowding on the Lido deck as I did on that ship. I've been on sold out cruises on Dream class ships and I've never had to stand around waiting for someone to vacate a seat. In Triumph's defense, it felt like the cruise was 85% college aged kids and everyone knows that they just love the Lido deck when they aren't slaving away at college!

Sailed her last July 4th, 1st time cruiser and fell in love with cruising! Thought the ship was great, shows were really good, food good and trivia a blast! My family never found it overcrowded even on a sold out cruise! We got off of her and same day booked our next cruise to the Bahamas in May! Would sail on the Triumph again any day!

I think as a first time cruiser, the Triumph was fine for you, as you had nothing to compare it to, but if you sailed a newer ship with all the newest amenities first, you would have been disappointed in the Triumph if you sailed it after that. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, and loved the ship. I sailed her in 2007, and the ship was showing its age then.

I've been on the Dream twice (and the Inspiration when it was new in 1996). I am going on the Triumph in the fall since it's a class reunion cruise and I have to go with the group. I'm kind of excited. It has a lot of food options that the Dream, while beautiful, doesn't have. I wish it had a steakhouse! That was my favorite thing on the Dream. And cove balconies are great, but the Triumph doesn't have those. I'll just have to suffer through a normal balcony. Lol. But I'm kind of excited to go on an older ship.

I can tell you that the New Orleans port is amazing. I'm from Baton Rouge, so it's the only port we use, but it is painless to get on and off.

We are booked over Memorial Day weeked this year, will be a new ship for us. Excited to be sailing out of New Orleans for a little something different. Glad to see the Alchemy Bar and the Blue Iguana, Guys, etc. We aren't overly worried about the Lido deck in terms of the pools as we don't tend to spend a lot of time there anyway. Though we like the pools, the crowds pretty much on all ships are a bit too much for me. Hoping though we will get a little hot tub or pool time in. Not sure how crowded the ship might be with a holiday weekend in there, we still seem to have plenty of cabins at the moment, though still a little bit away. The only ship I have done twice now has been the Price and we do have a 3rd cruise booked for 2019. Will just be nice adding in another ship to the ones we have sailed already.

We were originally booked in one of the inside cabins that were forward so actually had a window, but with a price drop on the balcony guarantee we moved and will now be awaiting our cabin assignments. Hoping to see if they make any attempt to keep our three cabins close together, as originally we had 3 in a row booked.

I'm just off the Triumph (like 7:30) this morning, and I'll admit there was a lot of lines. Dinner, Lido, activities, everywhere was a wait. There were 3,200 plus on board.

Also I felt the absence of a Serenity Deck. There was no quiet, no peace. At one point a group of grownups got hold of a hot tub and the children would not come near us.

The crew and staff were top notch, but I would not choose this boat again.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on many cruises Celebrity, Princess, Holland, and Carnival Breeze. I found each has it's place and never been disappointed as long as I did my research 1st. I love the Triumph, been on her 3 times. It's great for the 5 day cruise when we take the family with Grandkids. Guys and Blue Iguana are always a hit, we seldom make it to the buffet anymore so the lines don't bother us to much. We also get balconies so unless we are going to use the pool we stick to the loungers on our balcony for privacy. The pool on Lido aft (New World Pool) we find to be quieter with piped music and less crowded. All the staff we interacted with were great. The only complaint we had was the comedy club. We loved the shows but the clubs filled up fast so you really have to get their early.

We sailed the Triumph in Jan 2017 after sailing the Breeze in June. I really enjoyed the Triumph. A smaller ship can be really nice. Easy to get around. We never really experienced lines, I thought we might but didn't.

Missed the Serenity deck, but we found places to hang out. Staff was great.

My only con is the hair dryer. Take your own. The Triumph dryer is a 1950 model on the wall in the bathroom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just returned home yesterday. Trip was amazing. New Orleans to Cozemel. Stayed in Deck 1 - 1374. Very quiet room convenient to elevators. Lots of reviews about this ship often negative. Seems like most of negatives were just nit-picking. Ships a bit older but still beautiful. Drinks are great. Food is good. Pro-tip. Send someone up to lido deck aft deck (above the covered pool area) - go upstairs and secure your deck chairs near the flagpole early @8:00. The place is as close a serenity area as Triumph has. Chairs fill up fast. Once your chairs are secured send some to bring up breakfast, drinks etc. Deck area is great because just downstairs you have bathroom - ice cream - least used bar area(no line) - pizza - etc. There is also a steward who cruises by regularly and takes drink orders. You can barely here the non stop Marco Polo game going on in the downstairs pool. lol.

We sailed the Triumph in Jan 2017 after sailing the Breeze in June. I really enjoyed the Triumph. A smaller ship can be really nice. Easy to get around. We never really experienced lines, I thought we might but didn't.

Missed the Serenity deck, but we found places to hang out. Staff was great.

My only con is the hair dryer. Take your own. The Triumph dryer is a 1950 model on the wall in the bathroom.

I'll be sailing in June 2017. In looking at pictures of the bathroom, is there anywhere to put your toiletries? It looks like just the sink counter, no shelves.

Our first cruise was on the Triumph in August 2015. It got us hooked on cruising, but I would seek out the Triumph again, the a/c didn't work well and there was an off smell. We sailed on the Liberty last October and prefer the LIberty over the Triumph. We have not been able to do longer cruises yet due to schedules, so we don't have much to compare too, which is probably good though, keeps us happy with what we have!

Love the Triumph, one of the very few remaining that deck three is open and has deck chairs to watch the world and flying fish go by, and not through water spotted blue glass . Just got off the Pride. Great cruise, but had to be in the sun and wind on deck 9 or 10 to try and see anything since no chairs allowed on Promenade.

I'll be sailing in June 2017. In looking at pictures of the bathroom, is there anywhere to put your toiletries? It looks like just the sink counter, no shelves.

There are shelves on the left and right sides of the mirror and plenty of sink counter space. There is also room under the sink counter area on the floor. I usually bring a travel bathroom bag the has compartments and hangs on back of bathroom door like pictured below

51gkcZNqE0L.jpg