Carnival magic spring break cruise review

maktiller

March 4 cruise with my two college aged daughters was fantastic. The time of our lives. Flew into Orlando the night before cruise..Stayed at country inn and suites Orlando airport which was great...Would recommend . Used cortrans shuttle service for embarkation day and debarkation day. $120 round trip for three people was a steal. Great service. We had check in between 10:30-11 and we were on the ship and having lunch by 12:30. Having drinks by the aft pool by 1:30 enjoying the nice weather for a bit . Checked out our room...9274 . Unpacked...Went to painless and fun muster drill in a lounge and made early dinner at 6. Oh. Yes and enjoyed sail away as well. A great first day. We enjoyed the dining room every night for our 6:00 meal. We had a table for 8 and made great friends with our table mates. Each night we enjoyed talking together ..Sharing about our day's events and looking at each other's meals and desserts. Food was beyond delicious ..From the bread to the APS to main courses to dessert!! Our wait staff was phenomenal and we made friendships with them right away. We even went to breakfasts in the MDR and asked for our evening wait staff they were that good !!! My fav dessert was the smores parfait...To die for ! And my fav APS were the soups !! Sooo good. I had them all and all great ! My fav entree was the spareribs..Delicious! I also got the flat iron steak three times..It had great flavor and melted in my mouth. We really enjoyed the shows every night. Very talented group. We had our favorites and Joe was an excellent dancer and so enjoyed watching him nightly. We had a few rocky days at sea...but nothing a little Dramamine didn't take care of. We enjoyed a few of the comedians and not so much of the others..If we didn't enjoy them...We would just leave and do something else. A few nights we went to the library and take a board game to play . We were never bored. We wanted to watch a movie under the stars but they always never seemed to work out in our schedule. Really good movies were played though!

We loved our room and it was a perfect size for the three of us. Two single beds and a sofa sleeper. All comfy and we slept great. We had a balcony and utilized it daily...To relax..Enjoy the port views and just hang out together. We enjoyed all of the ports we visited. Our first stop was Cozumel and we did carnivals excursion to chankanaab park. If the water is rough that day don't go snorkeling ! We made the big mistake of going first thing when there and we all hated it. The waves were too big and knocked us around and we shouldn't have really been allowed out.Not enjoyable. We had snorkeling excursion planned for Belize and we canceled it..None of us wanted to do it. Carnival gave me a credit for it on my sail and sign card. So we then had money to use for our drinks on the ship. We tendered into Belize...Shopped...Had a drink and went back to enjoy pool and sun time on the quiet ship aft pool( our fav).

In roatan we did an excursion not thru carnival and went to little French key. We enjoyed our day here very much and would recommend this trip for a relaxing day off the ship and some great sights of the island and roatan living besides just mahogany beach.

In Costa Maya we did the carnival excursion salsa salsa and beach break. LOVED this ! They took us in a huge air conditioned tour bus from the port to a very nice hotel on the malecon. We then got a great and fun interactive demonstration of margarita making...guacamole making and salsa making. We sat at tables in groups and was able to chop our own fixings and prepare with fresh ingredients to make our own guac and salsa and eat it with delicious chips and drink freshly made blue margaritas..After this we were taught salsa dance steps with our partners. So much fun had for all. We also could enjoy the beautiful beach or wander the malecon and were given free taxi tickets to return back to port. This port is lively and fun to talk to the store owners and try and get discounts when you buy from them. The 7 days go quickly. Always fun and excitement to be had. The magic is beautiful and the crew is awesome. The cruise director Dr. E is very good at his job and makes everyone be in a good mood. Hope you all have a great time like we did onboard the Magic!

Thank you for posting this! We leave on the Magic on Saturday - first time on the ship. Sounds like the aft pool is the place to be for a more quiet experience. Reading your review is making me even more excited for our trip!

We leave on the Magic Saturday too! I love reading all of the reviews! Thank you for taking the time to write a review for all of us who can't wait to board!

Thank you for posting this! We leave on the Magic on Saturday - first time on the ship. Sounds like the aft pool is the place to be for a more quiet experience. Reading your review is making me even more excited for our trip!

You will love it! I'm jealous. It's a great ship.

Thanks for your review. We sailed a B2B in January and our favorite ports were Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan on that leg.

We did Little French Key with friends. We had gone once before and loved it. Our friends were blown away. That definitely is a "go to" place.

Just want to confirm the Magic is a great ship, our favorite for sure. We had such a great time this past december that we booked her again right after we got back for our Christmas cruise this year. Sad to see her go next year BUT hoping the Breeze will be pretty much the same since her sister ship but newer. Love, love love it!!! Have a blast....

Just want to confirm the Magic is a great ship, our favorite for sure. We had such a great time this past december that we booked her again right after we got back for our Christmas cruise this year. Sad to see her go next year BUT hoping the Breeze will be pretty much the same since her sister ship but newer. Love, love love it!!! Have a blast....

You will love the Breeze, my favorite ship, even better than the Vista. I was so sad to see it leave Miami, but am glad it is coming back to Florida, I live in West Palm so not to bad to drive to PC.