? Re: Beds on Emerald Waterways Ships & Pax Mix

mlbcruiser

We are considering a river cruise after many ocean cruises. In looking at examples of cabins on several Emerald Waterways ships, it appears that most have queen beds instead of 2 beds. Are these anything like the usual "2 beds stuck together to make a queen" style beds? (The type you can separate into 2 beds that most ocean going cruise ships have?) We are stretching our cruise budget to do a European river cruise as it is, so won't be choosing a premium cabin for sure!

I am still in the early stages of research and am looking at various cruises on several lines. Can anyone tell me what the demographics (nationality-wise, I think I know with regard to ages) of Emerald Waterways line usually is on Rhine River cruises? While I'm sure there will be a mix of languages on board, can we expect to hear much English? Especially with regard to talks, tours and interactioins with the staff?

Thanks for any helpful replies.

Emerald is part of Scenic, which is an Australian company. As far as I know, they market only to the English speaking market.

From the website FAQs:

Q.

Will my cruise director speak English?

A.

Every Emerald Waterways sailing has an experienced English speaking Cruise Director onboard.

Q.

What language will be spoken on board my river cruise?

A.

The language on board is English. All staff, crew and tour guides speak English and all announcements and lectures will be made in English.

We cruised on the Danube last fall & it was wonderful. Our mix was approximately 50% British , 30% American and 20% Canadian + a few of other nationalities. All communications were in English.