Dressing for dinner on Emerald

kirakat

We are taking a Bucharest to Budapest cruise with Emerald Waterways in July. Looking for advice on how passengers generally dress for dinner. My husband and I travel with one carry on each so we don't want to bring things that we won't wear. TIA!

I traveled with Emerald last July. The atmosphere is very relaxed. There is no real dress code although some dress more causally than others. I was a bit younger than most of the other guests but I never felt out of place. Everyone was really nice.

Thanks, goldenrod. Did very many people wear jeans at night?

We traveled with Emerald last September (on the Rhine) - and in answer to your question, only my husband as his luggage got delayed and he only had the clothes he traveled in...

Generally a relaxed atmosphere. I didn't see any jackets - most men wore casual pants and a collared shirt. Women - some had dresses, most had dressing pants or capris.

Fran

• 3 weeks later...

Casual for Emerald. I have seen a few men in jackets at dinner, but the majority don't. Dress as you would for any nice restaurant and you'll feel comfortable.

FROM EMERALD: Dinner attire is casual-open-neck shirts, slacks and dresses. Coats and ties may be worn but are not required. On certain evenings, such as Welcome and Farewell Dinners, you might like to dress up.

Thanks, goldenrod. Did very many people wear jeans at night?

We did the Danube & Prague last July. Not many men's sport coats or jeans. Mostly collared shirt and casual pants. One man had a sleeveless tee shirt and shorts and definitely was out of place.

No shorts or tee shirt at dinner other than that where what you want! Only saw a couple of people in jackets!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DW and I are considering a first time river cruise with Viking, AMA, Scenic, or Emerald, and thus, searching all the river cruise forums to find a cruise company best for DW and I.

Just curious, did you decide to book another river cruise even after your fiasco with Viking? So, when did you cruise Emerald, and why? Or, am I missing something?

On the Viking forum:

4/13/17

Posted Today, 03:16 AM

Subject: Food on Viking Embla is horrible

"We are currently on the Viking Embla Amsterdam to Bucharest we are in day 7. We have done 36 ocean cruises, this is our first river cruise, we have decided it's much to structured for us! We like anytime dining this 7 pm dinner every night is bad you get back to the ship from an all day tour and you don't have any time to relax and some drinks, cause dinner is at seven! You have no other options no room service you miss dinner your next meal is breakfast period! We're in a suite but hardly any storage space. This will be our first and last River cruise and the food has also been lousy!"

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Was talking about dress not the food quality.

So did you delete your post?

goldenrod has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Dressing for dinner on Emerald - in the River Cruising forum of Cruise Critic Message Board Forums.

Please revisit the thread

Here is the message that has just been posted:

goldenrod wrote:

"I think your confused, the Emerald post was about Princess not a river cruise."

Ok. If not, then my apologies to you. It was my mistake as I thought you (in comment #3) was a reply about Emerald dress code. This is the Emerald river cruise forum correct?

I must be getting senile. :):):)

Edited by Kingofcool1947

...This is the Emerald river cruise forum correct?

I must be getting senile. :):):)

Yes, this is Emerald river cruise forum.

No, YOU are not getting senile.

According to other posts, that poster had never been on any river cruise when that post was made.