Ventures by Seabourn

flydc

We are looking at a last minute booking for an Alaska cruise on Sojourn in June or July. Read all about the expedition type cruise offerings to some cool glaciers, etc in Alaska at some pretty cool, off the beaten track locations. I think they call it Ventures by Seabourn.

My question is - do you have pay extra for this? We did a expedition cruise on SIlversea in the Galapagos and it was all included.

What does it cost if you have to book it? Is it worth it?

Appreciate any insight.

j

Yes, you have to pay for them. They are in the $200+ range pp. Don't forget you can get shipboard credit towards the excursions in various ways: referral credit, Seabourn booking incentives, Amex credit, etc. Some of these are mutually exclusive, but you should be able to cover at least one of the excursions.

Only on the Antartica cruises are the zodiac rides included. But even on those cruises there was a charge for the kayaking. You must decide if it is worth it to you. To me there is something special about being at water level taking in the scenery and potentially seeing the animals (marine or land based) up close. You can mix it up and do one or two kayaks or zodiac rides. We have booked two zodiac rides on our upcoming July 7 14 day Alaska cruise. And in addition to leading Ventures tours the Expedition team will be out on deck helping guests understand the surrounding landscape and spots animals. They will also be giving frequent lectures. We found this to be a big part of our enjoyment of our Antarctica cruise and are looking forward to it on our Alaska cruise. As a bonus there will be some familiar faces as some of the team from Antartica will be with us up there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums