Viking pre-cruise customer service

kpgclark

We're leaving on a Viking cruise in a week. I emailed the ship (email was in the information packet provided by Viking) a few days ago with a question. I never received a response. In addition I emailed the person at Viking that we worked with to book our cruise to ask about upgrading our cabin because I noticed there was one open cabin with a balcony and we currently have a French balcony. I emailed a couple of days ago and haven't heard back yet. I am disappointed to not even receive a message saying they received my message and will get back to me within X number of days. I think no response for several days is not very good service. I hope this isn't an indication of the kind of service we will receive when we board the ship.

I'm very surprised that no one on the Longboat replied to you. My experience has always been a fast reply.

Regarding your upgrade- I have been told that you are supposed to inquire about possible upgrades when you first check-in at reception. Good luck!

This is something you need to address with your TA if you used one or with your sales rep at Viking if you booked direct with them. Assuming you booked direct with Viking... Don't know how long ago you booked but it is possible that the Viking agent you refer to is no longer there or is off for a few days or whatever. You could call the Viking reservation number if you want to upgrade but I don't think this is something the ship staff would handle until you board the ship. Doubt if they have access to future cruise info until day of boarding.

As an update, I just heard from the reservation agent. I emailed him on Wednesday and he doesn't work Thursday and Friday so he just saw the email. The empty balcony is no longer available. If it were available it would have been $500 pp to upgrade. Still haven't heard from ship.