Is SHARE being phased out?

LewesBeach

I read somewhere, but can't find it now - that they are starting to phase out Curtis Stone's "Share" and replace it with a revamped Sabatini's. Is this true? Will the Sabatinis on all ships be changed?

That would be great news!

I believe Curtis Stone contract was for 5 years. I don't seeing it going away before then, but should not be expanded to any more ships. Sabatini's menu should be seeing a change soon, so I've heard...

When we were on the Caribbean Princess several weeks ago, an officer at our Meet & Greet said Sabatini's would be changed during drydock. We all assumed he meant switched to "Share". He said no, it was NOT being changed to Share. FWIW...

Now that's great news. Maybe something back to the old menu with a few new items thrown in. :D:D

Sabatini's menu should be seeing a change soon, so I've heard...

Now that's great news. Maybe something back to the old menu with a few new items thrown in. :D:D

That would definitely be great news! :D

Hopefully they'll keep a few of my favorites such as the burrata appetizer & the 3 wonderful pasta choices. For me the main courses are the least enjoyable part of the otherwise good dining experience. When one of the "lobster 3 ways" is lobster bisque sauce that's weak to me.

I'm curious to read opinions about the French restaurant on the Majestic. Based on the promotions I've read it already sounds much better for me than SHARE. ;)

Sabatini's has been rubbish for the last few years. Once they went to à la carte they ruined it.

Paces like Share, Salty Dog etc are a welcome change for the younger cruiser as they are more modern contemporary venues.

Asking crew on Emerald, when Share was new, if it was going fleet wide they even said no, and that was only 2 weeks after the first sailing with it. So it was never going to be fleet wide despite what some people think or want to believe.

Share will be around for a while yet. Just need to fix the old boring menu in Crown Gill now.

I read somewhere, but can't find it now - that they are starting to phase out Curtis Stone's "Share" and replace it with a revamped Sabatini's. Is this true? Will the Sabatinis on all ships be changed?

Wishful thinking, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got an email today from Princess about all of the changes to the Caribbean Princess in her drydock.

It mentions a revamped Sabatini's. Perhaps that's what started the rumor.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/cb-caribbean-princess/drydock-2017/?cid=brand_email_promo_internal_drydock_other_pf7ms033_170325_caribbeanprincess

:o

I got an email today from Princess about all of the changes to the Caribbean Princess in her drydock.

It mentions a revamped Sabatini's. Perhaps that's what started the rumor.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/cb-caribbean-princess/drydock-2017/?cid=brand_email_promo_internal_drydock_other_pf7ms033_170325_caribbeanprincess

Thanks...wonder if those new eating locations will have nominal a la carte pricing applies.

Alfredo's Pizzeria doesn't have a fee & hopefully the same for these new options. However the Sapphire's Lobster Grill does have a nominal fee so it'll be interesting to know how these new venues will operate.

With the Caribbean's drydock beginning tomorrow it's odd that these changes have no information about something that had to be in the planning stages for a long time. :confused:

The Grand Princess has the remodeled Sabatini's. When I was on her in January, the menu was the same. It's very modern looking now.

That's interesting...why make Sabatini's very modern looking now? :confused:

The decor was fine for me but it's the menu that could use some modifications.

Wonder if the modernization is the first step of replacing Sabatini's with another type of restaurant. Or is the modernization still a very Italian theme?

That's interesting...why make Sabatini's very modern looking now? :confused:

The decor was fine for me but it's the menu that could use some modifications.

Wonder if the modernization is the first step of replacing Sabatini's with another type of restaurant. Or is the modernization still a very Italian theme?

I found a picture on Google. I guess I would call it "modern Italian", lol.

https://cdn.cruiseradio.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/21140302/Screen-Shot-2017-03-09-at-11.52.50-AM.png

I found a picture on Google. I guess I would call it "modern Italian", lol.

https://cdn.cruiseradio.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/21140302/Screen-Shot-2017-03-09-at-11.52.50-AM.png

Yes, I enjoyed eating there. The kitchen is very open and you can watch the chef prepare the food. We went on the last night and we were one of about three tables.

Thanks for the photo although I prefer the original more traditional decor over this more modern black & white decor.

Although the decor isn't as important to me as the menu which hopefully will be modified keeping some of my favorite appetizers, pastas & desserts while having some new entrees.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I hope your information is wrong.

I, for one, enjoyed the interesting menu, and restaurant concept.

Enjoy your cruise.