Live From the Regal March 26th 2017

georgiavol

First day! As noted by others, we were delayed in boarding due to a routine Coast Guard inspection. No worries there! Muster drill as painful as ever but the Fansfasy Goddess and I are sipping our first mojito of the cruise. We got the medicinal purposes strength! I will post patters tomorrow!!!

I hate the muster on the Royal class because I am usually assigned Muster station B which is 8 floors down from Lido . BTW enjoy the ship, I just disembarked today and I had a great time .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sunday March 26th Final Edition:

Since I won’t likely post my patters until I get back in port, here are some logistical stuff.

Captain: Craig Street – we hear he has a good rep

CD: Billy Hygate – been around a long time and seems to still be on top of his game

Movies: Assassin’s Creed, Florence Foster Jenkins, Dr. Strange, La La Land, The Magnificent Seven (2016 version) and Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them.

One note about the Sanctuary – it seems to be getting more and more popular, with significant line though we there as soon as we got on the ship. If you want to rent lounges up there, run don’t walk. We got what we wanted but were pretty much the end of availability.

Weather was iffy while in FLL but cleared up nicely as we left port. Relaxed in one of the Retreat hot tubs working on Mojito’s with an interesting couple from northern California.

Stiff wind out of the NE holding steady at 20-25 kts but Regal is handling it great. The Fantasy Goddess (FG hereon) and I went to the opening show tonight (~70% full) and it was very simple. A short singing/dancing number, intro’s of the CD staff by Billy and 25 minutes of a really funny guy named Phil Tag. I understand he has been doing cruise lines for quite a while. His Princess Theater show is on Tuesday.

We are Anytime folks so we hit the Symphony Dining Room for a light dinner after the show and ran into one of the 30+ Princess cruise couples we hear about. Super nice folks from the Cape Canaveral area who were telling us of the booming growth of private space companies. This is great for the technical staff who were left high and dry when the shuttle program ended.

After dinner we walked about a bit but it was clear that it had been a long day for most of the passengers (and us) and it was pretty quiet. The game show at 2130 In Princess Live! was Name That Toon but it was very lightly attended. Tomorrow is an at-sea day and a formal night. More to come then!

Feel free to ask questions if you have any!

Monday March 27th:

Bumpy seas through the night and most of the day today, witha westerly wind and eastern swells. The Captain hid us behind small islands acouple of times, which helped a lot as we cruised the Bahamas. The day startedwith breakfast in the Concerto. Breakfast was okay but Princess just can’t get omeletsright – hey, I’m a southern boy and know what a good omelet is. But they tryhard and the service is very good.

We spent the afternoon in the Sanctuary – a great place tochill on a sea day afternoon. Afternoon tea is always a delight! Tonight we hitthe Crown Grill. Will let you know how it goes.

Tuesday March 28th:

Crown Grill was great last night. I think the staff tends torush you a bit so when they were apologizing for what they perceived as beingtoo slow was just fine with us. We didn’t watch the production show but enjoyedKory Simon in Crooners. Really entertaining guy who engages the audience. Phil Tag, a comedian, has his show tonight.Why does it seem the best comedians are from New Jersey? 😊

Today, we are in Amber Cove, DR. There is nothing here,really. Just an area immediately off the ship. The water is brown from the smallriver that flows into sea. We took a walk thru the area and went up to a nearbybar on a short hill. Great view and cool hangout, but the prices are the sameas on the ship. I know AC a boon to the local economy, as the DR is dirt poorbut I do miss the beautiful waters of Princess Cay. It’s a short day here,pulling the hook at 2:30. BTW, it’s a lovely view from the stern of the ship,so get some breakfast at Horizon Court (HC) and sit outside. I wish there weremore lounge chairs out there, as it’s a great place to hang out out of the sun withthe bar right behind you. Deck 17 with the small pool is nice, too, but hasbeen taken over by the cancer stick team. Why we let such a small minority ruina nice public area is beyond me.

Deck 17 with the small pool is nice, too, but hasbeen taken over by the cancer stick team. Why we let such a small minority ruina nice public area is beyond me.
You should check out the March 12 Regal Princess rollcall, especially the last few posts.

As non-smokers we just avoid that area, since we have the rest of the ship to enjoy. :cool:

Tuesday March 28th:

Crown Grill was great last night. I think the staff tends torush you a bit so when they were apologizing for what they perceived as beingtoo slow was just fine with us. We didn’t watch the production show but enjoyedKory Simon in Crooners. Really entertaining guy who engages the audience. Phil Tag, a comedian, has his show tonight.Why does it seem the best comedians are from New Jersey? 😊

Today, we are in Amber Cove, DR. There is nothing here,really. Just an area immediately off the ship. The water is brown from the smallriver that flows into sea. We took a walk thru the area and went up to a nearbybar on a short hill. Great view and cool hangout, but the prices are the sameas on the ship. I know AC a boon to the local economy, as the DR is dirt poorbut I do miss the beautiful waters of Princess Cay. It’s a short day here,pulling the hook at 2:30. BTW, it’s a lovely view from the stern of the ship,so get some breakfast at Horizon Court (HC) and sit outside. I wish there weremore lounge chairs out there, as it’s a great place to hang out out of the sun withthe bar right behind you. Deck 17 with the small pool is nice, too, but hasbeen taken over by the cancer stick team. Why we let such a small minority ruina nice public area is beyond me.

Glad you enjoyed the Crown Grill.....:):):)

Bob