Government employee discounts

Canadianmama3

Does anyone know if they combine government employee discounts with other promotions? For example there are deals on seaside sailings giving you wifi and obc etc. Would you get the employee discount of 5-10% on top of that? Or say you get 5% for a past cruiser discount. Would you also get the additional 5-10%, making it a 10-15% discount?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We got state employee discount

YOu still get obc free wifi etc... but not 10% on top of 5% for being past guest , its one or the other

We booked Seaside and we status matched , but then when i told them my wife works for the state , they gave us 10% instead

We still got the obc and the free wifi

I hope i make sense

I qualify for both the government discount and was status matched to classic and they refuse anything other than the 5% discount on Fantastica cabins. Did they just automatically give it to you? My booking is for May so maybe it's the time of year. They have repeatedly argued with me over policies and have been very inconsistent

We booked Fantastica and had status match also. They said we could have the status match discount or the government status match but not both. Then asked which one we wanted. I laughed. Why would we want 5% when we could have 10% off?.

Edited by lakelorain

By booking directly with MSC I was able to receive a 40 percent single supplement, a 5 percent status match discount and an additional 10 percent military discount with OBC and free gratuities on a 21 day Voyager Select Cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

What do you need to prove being a Gov't employee? I booked this past weekend and my agent seemed like he wanted to find me a discount. He asked if I was military, teacher or govt employee? I said my agency and position are fully funded by govt and he said "that will do". Not sure about that, but I will take the 5%. What sort of ID checking procedure is there for this discount usually?

Thanks!

What do you need to prove being a Gov't employee? I booked this past weekend and my agent seemed like he wanted to find me a discount. He asked if I was military, teacher or govt employee? I said my agency and position are fully funded by govt and he said "that will do". Not sure about that, but I will take the 5%. What sort of ID checking procedure is there for this discount usually?

Thanks!

We booked over the phone with MSC just a FYI , but the agent there was super helpful , all I had to do was reply to her email with a scanned copy of my wifes government ID , that was it , she then applied the 10%

What do you need to prove being a Gov't employee?

A copy of a pay stub issued by a local, county, city, state or federal government is sufficient if you aren't issued an ID. It's not a government discount per se but a Civil Service discount so the spectrum is broad.

Bret

A copy of a pay stub issued by a local, county, city, state or federal government is sufficient if you aren't issued an ID. It's not a government discount per se but a Civil Service discount so the spectrum is broad.

Bret

Does anyone know if they offer an Interline discount? Thanks

I booked my cruise without a discount initially. Then about 3 months later, my MSC Vacation Consultant and I were talking about excursions and I happened to mention that I was there during my days in the Marines. She then said "wait a minute, you retired from the Marines? We didn't apply your military discount." I sent her a photo copy of my military ID and within a matter of minutes, she had applied the 10% military discount.

Just an FYI...I booked our trip after the Final payment date. According to my TA, you must have them call MSC when doing the booking in order to get the discount. It's a no go for me... I'm wondering how this would work if I book a future cruise while on my cruise?

• 1 month later...
So asking for a friend. Do you need to book directly with MSC to get the discount? Or can she use a travel agent and get it applied?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We used a travel agent and received the government discount.

Does this apply to any government? I work for the Canadian government and if I can save 10% it would be great. I will have to call later.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Wondering if you got any answer about 10% discount for working for the Canadian Government? My husband and I are booked on MSC for a cruise in November and we are both retired from the federal Government. Would be nice to get a 10% discount.:)

We got the 10% off plus free gratuities. You can have multiple free things but not multiple discounts.

Government / Civil Service cannot be combined with Voyager Club, but Voyager Selection can be added to anything. Regardless, I believe you are capped out at 20% total discount.

My husband is a government employee.

We were refused the discount; the agent said it was limited to teachers, police and so on.

That is NOT what the website says, it says government employees including "teachers xxxx"

not "limited to xxx"

I didn't see anyone post of that limitation. Experiences?

Thanks Bret, I printed that out and attached it to my email.

Oddly they include in "civil service" employees of Fed Ex and DHL! Hardly government employees at all.

Will report back ...