NCL Sucks!

Andykim

Booked a cruise on April 23 to Western Carribean and found out the price was reduced drastically. Called customer service and they were pretty rude about not being able to do anything. Made the decision to go on this cruise because the agent I spoke to said there will not be any sales in the near future of this cruise. Has this happened to anyone and had a different result? After this, I do not think I will ever sale with NCL.

*Lesson: Don't make early reservations, because it may most likely go on sale, because they want to pack the ship.*

Edited by Andykim
add additional comment

Booked a cruise on April 23 to Western Carribean and found out the price was reduced drastically. Called customer service and they were pretty rude about not being able to do anything. Made the decision to go on this cruise because the agent I spoke to said there will not be any sales in the near future of this cruise. Has this happened to anyone and had a different result? After this, I do not think I will ever sale with NCL.

So lets look at this the other way, what would your reaction have been if the price went up and 3 weeks before your cruise NCL called you and asked you for another 1000 dollars?

The pricing reduction is probably not a "sale" but internally when cabins are available close to sailing the price generally drops, same thing the other way, the price we paid for our sailing on the 9th of April is now 40 percent higher for the same cabin we booked a year ago.

Sometime they will give a small onboard credit, I would call back and ask a supervisor, be nice and don't expect anything but if say the price drop is 500 dollars they may give you 100 in credit, not guranteed but we have gotten it in the past

As the sail date gets closer prices are sometimes reduced to fill the ship. If they adjusted everyone's rate at that point they'd go bankrupt. See if they will upgrade you to another category perhaps.

Caveat Emptor; You were happy with the price when you booked and paid for the cruise. What has changed in real terms? Are you unhappy that other people have been luckier than you? Or is it pure jealousy?

You are after final payment and the NCL specifications are quite clear about changes after that day. Cancel/Rebook is not really an option.

If you have a PCC with whom you have been dealing for a number of years email/phone him/her and tell him/her what has happened and ASK, politely,if there is anything he/she can do for you.

Timing just sucks! I understand what everyone is saying. Just hope it doesn't happen to you! Lesson learned is either you book it and forget about it or just book it close to the sailing date.

Yep, book and forget, or hope that when it is closer and you go to book it the rates are lower and the cabin you want is available.

Timing just sucks! I understand what everyone is saying. Just hope it doesn't happen to you! Lesson learned is either you book it and forget about it or just book it close to the sailing date.

Or get an understanding of how life works. Supply and demand.

Would you call an airline and tell them you expect a refund because the seats are less expensive now than when you booked?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's happens to just about everyone. You just have to understanding how and why it happens. No one set out to make you unhappy.

You cannot assume that the price will be cheaper closer to the sailing date. Prices can increase just as well. Same thing with airlines... prices fluctuate all the time. On NCL if the price drops and you are outside of the 90 cancelation period then you absolutely can cancel/rebook for the cheaper price. But not once you are within 90 days. Your thread title of "NCL Sucks" is a little dramatic don't you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You cannot assume that the price will be cheaper closer to the sailing date. Prices can increase just as well. Same thing with airlines... prices fluctuate all the time. On NCL if the price drops and you are outside of the 90 cancelation period then you absolutely can cancel/rebook for the cheaper price. But not once you are within 90 days. Your thread title of "NCL Sucks" is a little dramatic don't you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say it wins 'Most dramatic title of the week'

Andykim:

You joined CC in August of 2011 and you have not been paying attention to how the system works.

This is not the stock market where you buy HIGH and sell LOW and expect financial results to your favor. (candid LOL)

Any cruise booked within 90 days of sailing BEWARE you are committed to a contractual deal with NCL for that fare

and if you cancel travel are subject to substantial reduction in refunded fare.

If you booked the cruise before the 90 day period you may have some leverage to secure a reduction in fare -*but*-

if you cancel and rebook a new deal you may lose the Promos Perks and perhaps OBC previously included !

Please find out the rules of game - read on more here at CC - Yes it is tough after you have bought what you thought

was a good deal - the rug is pulled out from under your feet. NCL can change the rules (fares) anytime to fill a ship.

Read reply/post #4 - suggest calling NCL and plead your case for an adjustment. Maybe an upgrade ? Maybe a token

OBC ? Anything but demands threats ultimatums may get you a negative response. Be nice tell NCL that you were so

happy to book this cruise and was looking for a good time and your friends and neighbors begging for reviews pictures

for their cruises (yet to be booked) !

Since you are now committed (unless you are going to give NCL a windfall of your cancelled money) make the

most of it and learn how to better play the cruise game.

ALSO - Please come back and tell us the results of your plea quest for an adjustment !

It is nice to see if NCL does have a heart after all -OR- perhaps Scrooge McDuck is its undoing for the customer !

Booked a cruise on April 23 to Western Carribean and found out the price was reduced drastically.

Called customer service and they were pretty rude about not being able to do anything.

Made the decision to go on this cruise because

the agent I spoke to said there will not be any sales in the near future of this cruise.

For a few dollars more or less, maybe your "agent" can get you an upgrade deal .:cool:

Keep talking.

WE book a cabin, then look the other way.

Or get an understanding of how life works. Supply and demand.

Would you call an airline and tell them you expect a refund because the seats are less expensive now than when you booked?

Actually you can do this but the airlines are very smart about it and they have very high re booking fees of say 200 dollars per ticket so it never is worth it to rebook at the lower rate

*Lesson: Don't make early reservations, because it may most likely go on sale, because they want to pack the ship.*

How much was the drastic reduction for the cabin?

Timing just sucks! I understand what everyone is saying. Just hope it doesn't happen to you!

Lesson learned is either you book it and forget about it or just book it close to the sailing date.

I feel for you.

WE don't book close to sailing dates.

Edited by $hip$hape

As others have said, it goes both ways. I did a 10-day Canary Islands and Morocco sailing last year. I booked my studio a year in advance and got a great rate (just a few dollars over $900 and that included port fees, etc). I don't usually check fares right before sailing, but I did on that cruise and studios were going for well over double what I paid. I certainly wouldn't have paid them that if they'd called! :pYou can't assume the fare will go down just because you're close to sailing. Yes, they often do, but not always.

As far as "hope it doesn't happen to you" that's a ship that's sailed for most of us! As long as you're happy with what you paid when you booked, why get upset if they go down once you're inside the 90 days? Just call and politely see if there's anything they'll do for you, but don't get your expectations up.

Enjoy your cruise!.

You can book it and keep checking until final payment - before final payment, they are happy to rebook you! Or you can gamble, hope they have a fire sale to sell remaining cabins, and hope there is a cabin in a good location left. After four cruises, the price I booked at was always lower than the same category after final payment.

If you just booked isn't April 23 pretty close to sail date?

FYI Florida residents get excellent last minute rates because of cruiselines wanting to fill ships.

One thing you are correct on is timing, helpful to some others not so much.

Your thread NCL SUCKS really isn't a fair statement.

Why is it that when a rep either doesn't 100% agree with you OR they don't do exactly what you want that they are automatically labeled as "rude"? :eek:

Did the rudeness start before or after they said "NO"?

Is the perception of "rude" a result of the fact that the rep didn't change their stance after hearing your argument(s)?

Do you envision a scenario in which a rep could tell you "NO" in a way that would not be considered rude?