Gem and specialty dining reservations

ella99

Just curious what everyone's experience has been in being able to get reservations for some of the specialty dining once on board. My cruise is in 3 weeks. All that is available at this time are super late dining times or just for 1 person. Also, it only appears I cannot make a reservation for La Cucina, Teppinyaki or Moderno, just Cagney's & La Bistro. I have heard there will be more open dining times to reserve once on board. Looking for some input & experiences with this... Thank you!

...this cruise was just booked a couple of days ago, so I didn't have the opportunity to reserve at an earlier time.
You are on one of the Spring break sailings and many probably book at the 100 days and 90 days mark, taking what's available then. Tip - using a smartphone, download & install the free NCL iConcierge App before your sailing (iOS or Android), Once at the pier (if you plan to arrive early & done checking in) - you should be able to pickup the ship's free WiFi inTRAnet signal, log-in by registering and activating your device. You should be able to then check for available time slots & days for specialty, book it & you are set (write it down, there's no reminder, calendar or alarm function to remind you). Cellular signals inside pier 88 and 90's buildings are horrible and there's no free WiFi ... do all the App downloads & update before leaving for the ship.

Nephew did this recently on the GEM, we did this on the Breakaway & actually booked while sitting in the MDR, waiting for our sit-down lunch to be served, took less than 10 minutes, maybe 5 - no need to stand in line but the reservation kiosk/desk for dining will be open, near the ship's hotel lobby/guest services area. Good luck & enjoy.

P.S. Do take care of the ship and "bring" her back early - as we will be embarkation when you come back, I think - LOL. Lots, lots of available staterooms on our sailing so it's going to be a smaller crowd ... shorter lines for everything.

You are on one of the Spring break sailings and many probably book at the 100 days and 90 days mark, taking what's available then. Tip - using a smartphone, download & install the free NCL iConcierge App before your sailing (iOS or Android), Once at the pier (if you plan to arrive early & done checking in) - you should be able to pickup the ship's free WiFi inTRAnet signal, log-in by registering and activating your device. You should be able to then check for available time slots & days for specialty, book it & you are set (write it down, there's no reminder, calendar or alarm function to remind you). Cellular signals inside pier 88 and 90's buildings are horrible and there's no free WiFi ... do all the App downloads & update before leaving for the ship.

Nephew did this recently on the GEM, we did this on the Breakaway & actually booked while sitting in the MDR, waiting for our sit-down lunch to be served, took less than 10 minutes, maybe 5 - no need to stand in line but the reservation kiosk/desk for dining will be open, near the ship's hotel lobby/guest services area. Good luck & enjoy.

P.S. Do take care of the ship and "bring" her back early - as we will be embarkation when you come back, I think - LOL. Lots, lots of available staterooms on our sailing so it's going to be a smaller crowd ... shorter lines for everything.

Thank you for the tips! I know this will be spring break time, but since this is an 11 day we are hoping there won't be too. many. We will be sure to take good care of her!!

We leave in 39 days and it's killing me that we can't book Teppinyaki yet! We have been telling the kids about it, and we want it the night of my birthday. Hoping to book it as soon as we get to the Pier that morning.